THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT
- Lobbyists Hopeful Tax Package Favorable to Munis Will Pass This Year. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;11/01/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31008, p6
Reports on a tax legislation beneficial to the tax-exempt bond market in the United States. Provisions of the bill.
- House republican seeks to make water takeovers tougher. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;12/1/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30778, p4
Reports on a proposed legislation that would prevent municipalities from using tax-exempt bonds to buy private water utilities in the United States. Need for an approval from the state utility commission; Provisions of the bill.
- Lawmaker Proposes Cap Exemption for Agriculture Bonds. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;05/17/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30893, p4
Reports on a legislation introduced by Senator Kent Conrad that would exempt small-issue tax-exempt bonds used to finance loans to first-time farmers from the private activity bond volume cap. Provisions in the broader farm relief bill.
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;1/2/2007, Vol. 358 Issue 32539, p7
The article provides updates on the status of various legislative bills on the bond market in the U.S. There has been no legislation introduce on the elimination of tax-exempt bonds to finance sports stadiums for professional teams. The Coal-based Generation Improvement Act and Clean Coal...
- House, Senate Each Taking a Turn At Energy Bill, Possibly With Bonds. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;9/10/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32958, p24
The article discusses the final details of separate versions of a modified energy bill that may contain tax-exempt bond provisions to introduce the bills for votes in the U.S. The amendment may contain new authorization of clean renewable energy bonds. This development on the energy legislation...
- Omnibus Bill to lmpose 'Fiduciary' FA Standard. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;5/6/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33109, p1
The article reports on a hearing plans to hold by U.S. House Financial Services Committee Chairman Barney Frank on May 21, 2009 concerning an omnibus municipal bond bill. The bill will include a provision to impose a fiduciary standard on financial advisers in the municipal market. The provision...
- Jobs Bifi Would Extend BABs for 3 Years. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;3/16/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33282, p1
The article focuses on the significance of the second jobs bill in extending the U.S. Build America Bonds (BABs) program for three years. It notes that the bill will exempt the private-activity minimum tax for one year. However, it points out that the bill will decrease the direct-pay subsidy...
- Freshman Rep. to Fight for Muni Issuers. Ackerman, Andrew // Bond Buyer;2/2/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33053, p1
Information on the Government Finance Officers Association's winter meeting held in Washington is presented. During the event, Virginia Representative Gerald Connolly told his plan to fight for municipal issuers in the U.S. by being an advocate on behalf of them. He shares his plan of working...
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. Finestone, Deborah; Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;4/25/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31622, p31
Presents news items related to trends in the bond market in various parts of the United States. U.S. Administration's approval of a bill that would send up to $ 55 million in oil royalties to the general fund; Voluntary reduction of the salaries of various state officials, legislators, and...