Post-Katrina Worker Loss Could Hurt Liabilities
- Pennsylvania Mayors Back Pension Overhaul Bill. Burton, Paul // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;4/9/2014, p2
The article focuses on the municipal pension system of Pennsylvania in light of a new bill filed by Representative Seth Grove which is intended to overhaul the system. Topics discussed include the cash balance hybrid plan proposed by the bill, the impact of pension costs on the city, the...
- Beloit SD, Wis., Downgraded to A1 by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;6/20/2014, Vol. 1 Issue F324, p1
The article informs that rating agency Moody's Investors Service has downgraded its ratings from Aa3 to A1 on the general obligation bond of Beloit School District in Beloit, Wisconsin. The downgrade reflects the burden of district's high debt, declining tax-base with a weak demographic and...
- Deferred Debt Undermines A City's Standing. Mariani, Michele // Governing;Apr2004, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p52
Reports that an unfunded liability in the pension system of San Diego, California has prompted bond-rating downgrades and an investigation of possible city violations of federal law. Reason behind the underfunding of San Diego's City Employees Retirement System; Challenges of filling the...
- Mustering business support for economic change. Finn, Kathy // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);12/01/97, Vol. 18 Issue 22, p19
Discusses the economic conditions of Louisiana during 1997. Unemployment rate of the state; Significance of oil production to the state's economy; Importance of business support to the state's goal of achieving greater economic stability.
- Gloucester, Mass., Raised by Moody's. // Bond Buyer;07/25/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30939, p2
Reports on the decision of Moody's Investors Service to raise Gloucester, Massachusetts' $69.9 million outstanding general obligations bonds to A1 from A2.
- Rating Changes. // Bond Buyer;6/23/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32409, p31
A table depicting changes to government bond ratings from agencies Moody's Investors Service Inc. and Standard & Poor's Corp. is presented.
- S&P upgrade gives Tennessee Triple-A crown. McKenna, Jon // Bond Buyer;05/04/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30385, p36
Cites Tennessee as the ninth state to carry unified triple-A general obligation bond ratings from the big three credit agencies. Standard & Poor's upgrade of the state's rating on May 1, 1998; General obligation authorization for fiscal 1999; Rating agencies' main point of contention with state...
- Little Rock officials remain confident, despite recent downgrade by S&P. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;08/26/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30465, p6
Reports on continued confidence by Little Rock, Arkansas officials despite Standard & Poor's downgrade of its general obligation bonds after noting an erosion of the city's reserves. City's efforts to strengthen its financial situation and address capital needs; Capital improvement revenue issue.
- Standard & Poor's settles on stable outlook for Texas GOs. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;08/24/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30711, p3
Reports on Standard & Poor's Corp.'s revision of its outlook on Texas' $4.9 billion AA-rated general obligation bonds. Results of the agency's evaluation of the state's finances; Justification of the solidification of the state's ratings.