Pension Plans With 100% Funding? Now That's a Good Ratio
- Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation: Financial Condition Improving, but Long-Term Risks Remain: HEHS-99-5. Fagnoni, Cynthia M. // GAO Reports;10/16/1998, p1
The Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC) insures the pensions of about 42 million participants in 45,000 private defined benefit pension plans. During 1997, PBGC paid $824 million to retirees in plans that had terminated with insufficient assets to pay promised benefits. PBGC's...
- Define line. Lawson, John // Money Marketing;7/27/2006, p36
The article comments on the British Department for Work and pensions's issuance of a consultation on a calculation method for transfer values from defined-benefit pension schemes. The actuarial profession issued a draft guidance note on the calculation of defined benefit transfer values on May...
- The Disappearing Defined Benefit Pension and Its Potential Impact on the Retirement Incomes of Baby Boomers. Butrica, Barbara A.; Iams, Howard M.; Smith, Karen E.; Toder, Eric J. // Public Employee Quarterly;Mar2010, p3
The article discusses a research that mimic the impact of the implementation of a hard freeze from 2007-2011 on all private sector defined benefit plans and three public sector defined benefit plans in the U.S.
- A pension system not worth saving. C.S. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;3/13/95, Vol. 22 Issue 13, p8
Describes problems regarding the Canada Pension Plan (CPP). Increase in disability claims; Impact of retirements among the baby boom generation; Reform leader Preston Manning's Taxpayers' Budget strategy; Imbalance between pension contributions, fund interest and CPP payouts.
- Drop in companies with pension plans. // Corporate Board;Nov/Dec90, Vol. 11 Issue 65, p28
Reports on the decrease in the number of businesses in the United States offering pension plans. Factors that influence the decrease in companies offering defined benefit plans.
- U.K. rules might kill DB plans. Chernoff, Joel // Pensions & Investments;08/04/97, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p16
Reports on the possible elimination of British defined benefit plans. Information on the beliefs of pension experts; Effects of 1995 Pensions Act; Details on the survey conducted by Arthur Andersen; Findings of the survey; Changes that took place with the minimum funding requirements in the...
- Mississippi PERS. // Pensions & Investments;08/04/97, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p4
Looks at the $10 billion Mississippi Public Employees' Retirement System. Information on the expected issue of RFPs for emerging markets; Details on the naming of managers by September.
- Awards to cite plan sponsors who do it right. Williams, Fred // Pensions & Investments;09/15/97, Vol. 25 Issue 19, p50
Reports on the acceptance of entries by the fourth annual `Pensions and Investments' Defined Contribution Plan Investment Education Awards program. Deadline for submission of entries; Who the program is opened to; Rules for materials submitted.
- Retirement plans and pensions. Luchak, Andrew A. // Relations Industrielles / Industrial Relations;Fall97, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p865
Presents a study which examined the effects of pension incentives on employees' retirement plans under a defined benefit employer-sponsored pension plan. Factors which influence the planned age of retirement; Indepth look at the problems with the measurement of retirement; Information on...