Issuance Is Down, While Officials Aim to Solve the Liability Dilemma
- Placentia: We're Challenged, But Not Insolvent. Webster, Keeley // Bond Buyer;2/5/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34055, p1
The article discusses the report of Cincinnati, Ohio-based consultant Management Partners on economic conditions of Placentia, California, as of February 2014, which found that economy is not in immediate danger of declaring bankruptcy. It mentions that if Placentia's leaders and officials do...
- Gas prices, economy edge way onto Legislature's plate. Johnson, Alan // Crain's Cleveland Business;01/15/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p12
Reports on the discussion about the declining economy and rising natural gas prices at the 124th General Assembly of lawmakers in Columbus, Ohio. Lawmakers and Ohio Governor Taft's development of an agenda to fix the state's unconstitutional system for financing schools; Proposals to develop...
- Go-Go in Ohio. // Time;1/13/1967, Vol. 89 Issue 2, p65
The article reports on the economic development in 1967 in Ohio after struggling from 83 million dollars budget deficit and a 25% decline in employment. It was claimed that Ohio's 2.1 billion dollars in industrial investment was the best performance ever by any U.S. state. The state's economic...
- Sustainable Budget Policy: Concepts and Approaches. Schick, Allen // OECD Journal on Budgeting;2005, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p107
Concern about fiscal sustainability has been fueled by the projected ageing of populations in OECD countries and the likely surge in government spending on pensions and health care. For the most part, it has not been driven by worries about the current fiscal position of countries. Multiple...
- The Boiling Point. Swope, Christopher // Governing;Feb2005, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p104
Focuses on the fiscal problems faced by New York counties as of February 2005. Assessment of the Medicaid problems of the counties; Results of rising health care costs and higher pension contributions on employees.
- HEALTH: EXPENDITURE AND RESOURCES. // OECD Observer;2003 Supplement 1, p8
Presents statistics on health expenditure and resources of member countries of the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD). Australia; Austria; Belgium; Canada; Czech Republic; Denmark; Finland; France.
- Higher losses drive shift in workers comp market. CASALE, JEFF // Business Insurance;7/4/2011, Vol. 45 Issue 27, p14
The article reports on changes in the U.S. workers compensation market fueled by increasing rate in the middle single digits and medical costs accounting for the bulk of loss costs.
- UK faces 'crippling' tax rises to fund pension and care costs. Selby, Tom // Money Marketing (Online Edition);3/20/2014, p43
The article reports on tax rises to fund pension and health care costs faced by Great Britain.
- The Digest. // Bond Buyer;5/26/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31892, p1
Presents a summary of developments in public finance. Graph of bond yields; Puerto Rico Public Buildings Authority's return to market; Mississippi lawmakers to call a special session to deal with spiraling health care and pension costs; New Jersey's delay of a refunding deal for the state's...