Bonds Only for a Prison, and the Future of Higher Ed
- Missouri. // Bond Buyer;02/14/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30828, p51S
Focuses on the economic conditions of Missouri. Impact consolidation and financial crisis on the health care sector on Missouri Health and Educational Facilities Authorities Authority; Data on total debt per capita; Comparison of employment growth between 1993 and 1998; Contributions of local...
- Current Corporate Income Tax Developments--Western States. Guenette, Melissa; Mutler, Joel J.; Velazqeuz, Boyce // Journal of State Taxation;Fall2004, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p30
Focuses on corporate income tax developments in western states in the U.S. Release of ï¿½Nexus in Arizonaï¿½ brochure; Colorado corporate income tax.
- Finding the balance. Armstrong, Charles // Public Finance;11/25/2005, p28
The article explains why Aberdeenshire Council in Scotland is arguing for local income tax not only to produce a fairer system of local taxation but also to solve the balance of funding problem. The Aberdeenshire solution involves the Scottish Parliament using its powers to cut the national rate...
- Missouri Sales Tax For Transportation Clears House. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/14/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34091, p1
The article informs that the Missouri House of Representatives has approved the plans for placing a 1-cent sales tax increase to fund transportation projects on the November 2014 ballot as of April 2014. Topics discussed include Missouri Department of Transportation plans, funding for Missouri...
- Washington Voters to Decide on State Income Tax in November. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;7/19/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33351, p7
The article reports that the implementation of state income tax will be decided by Washington voters in November 2010.
- Citrin Cooperman Corner. SEIDEN, DAVID // Westchester County Business Journal;4/1/2013, Vol. 49 Issue 13, p5
The author explains how an individual is required to pay state income taxes, and discusses the difference between a resident and a nonresident of a state.
- STATE TAX STRUCTURE AND MULTIPLE POLICY OBJECTIVES. Gentry, William M.; Ladd, Helen F. // National Tax Journal;Dec94, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p747
We use a portfolio model of state tax structure to examine how a state's economy and the nature of its taxes affect the choices available to state policymakers. Data from North Carolina and Massachusetts indicate that the income tax is the dominant tax in both states, that the two states differ...
- Greater Than Expectations. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/9/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31901, p31
Reports on the level of sales and income tax revenue generated by the state of Indiana for the month of May 2004. Amount of revenue collected by the state; Revenue from riverboat gaming; Comparison between the forecasted and actual corporate income tax collections.
- CONNECTICUT: Surprise Surplus Jump. Stark, Jonna // Bond Buyer;1/28/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32803, p9
The article reports on the announcement of Connecticut Gov. M. Jodi Rell regarding the state's budget surplus in January 2008 that reached $100 million. Rell's spokesman Chris Cooper stated that the surplus stands at $263.2 million from $163.1 million in December 2007 which is mainly from...