Surplus Projections Help Add Up To a $897 Million Bonding Plan
- Stimulus Funds Bring Minnesota Gap Down $278 Million From Last Estimate. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/4/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33074, p5
The article reports on the forecast of Minnesota's budget deficit. It expects the state will face a $4.6 billion deficit in the next biennium, a $278 million drop from the last formal forecast in December 2008. Without funds from the federal stimulus package, the state would face a $6.4 billion...
- (NUTRITION) MN Judge Rules Against Unilateral Budget Cut. // Community Health Funding Week;1/1/2010, p21
The article reports that Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty cut 2.7 billion dollars in state funds to balance the state's budget.
- Pawlenty Continues To Target Health Care. // Minnesota Medicine;Mar2010, Vol. 93 Issue 3, p24
The article reports on the plan of Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty to cancel a 1.2 billion dollars state budget deficit through decreasing the income eligibility guidelines for single adults.
- Minnesota's New Governor Unveils Deficit-Busting Plan. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/15/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31553, p28
Reports on Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty's plan to wipe out deficit in the state's two-year budget as of January 2003. Details of the plan; Pressures on legislators in the state to approve the plan; Possible scrutiny of the plan in the Senate.
- Minnesota Gov. Pawlenty Outlines Plan to Eliminate Projected Shortfall. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/10/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32832, p29
The article reports on the plan to cut spending in Minnesota which was outlined by Governor Tim Pawlenty. The spending is dip into reserves to eliminate a projected $935 million shortfall in the state's current two-budget cycle. Pawlenty explained that the plan balances the budget without adding...
- Casino Trust-Buster. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/11/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31819, p33
Reports on the plan of Governor Tim Pawlenty to expand gambling in Minnesota. Emphasis on cutting casino monopoly in the state; Impact of the move on state revenue.
- Democrats vs. Deficit. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/30/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32100, p35
Reports on the approval of the fiscal 2006-07 budget plan of the Democratic-controlled Senate in Minnesota. Elimination of budget deficits; Reliance on new general obligation borrowing to pay for projects; Criticisms of the Democrat's approach to passing a new biennial budget by Republican...
- Minnesota Judge: Budget Cuts by Pawlenty Were Unconstitutional. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;1/4/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33243, p24
The article reports on the ruling of District Court judge Kathleen Gearin in Ramsey County, Minnesota that the budget cuts ordered by Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty in summer 2009 were unconstitutional. A temporary restraining order has been issued on the budget cuts and dictated that the state...
- Minnesota Governor's Budget Relies On Spending Cuts, Tobacco Bonds. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/28/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33050, p20
The article reports on the two-year state budget released by Minnesota Governor Tim Pawlenty. According to the author, the $57.6 billion budget deeply relies on 2.2% spending cuts in general funds which is less than $750 million from the previous state budgets. In addition, Pawlenty noted that...