A New Administration Gets Busy With Toll Road Sale, Issuer Revamp
- INDIANA: Surplus Goes to Pensions. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;10/10/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33794, p7
The article reports that Indiana Governor Mitch Daniels has announced that the state will use a substantial amount of its 2.2 billion U.S. dollars surplus to finance the state's pension funds.
- Indiana Will Tap Surplus for Pensions, Rebates. Devitt, Caitlin // Investment Management Mandate Pipeline;10/10/2012, p2
The article reports on Indiana Governor Mitch Daniels' announcement that they will be using the state's 2.2 billion U.S. dollars surplus to make a total of 361 million U.S. dollars of contribution in various pension funds.
- Report asks state for spending restraint. // Indianapolis Business Journal;7/24/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 20, p15
The article reports that the Indiana Fiscal Policy Institute (IFPI) released an analysis of financial condition for the fiscal year 2006 which ended on June 30 with fund balances of $1.1 billion. IFPI noted that three factors contributed to the state's improved fortunes including state revenue...
- Governor: Merge pensions. Schnitzler, Peter // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/1/2010, Vol. 30 Issue 49, p3A
The article discusses the statement of Indiana Governor Mitch Daniels to push the consolidation of pension funds into Indiana Public Retirement System addressed during his State of the State speech. Daniels urged legislators to amend and revive a merger of the Indiana Public Employees Retirement...
- Pence could learn from Daniels' style. WAGNER, Jennifer // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/17/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 43, p5B
The article presents the author's perspectives on the achievements of Mitch Daniels, former governor of Indiana, in which he concentrated on fiscal responsibility, economy and jobs.
- Daniels seeks to copy key-clusters strategy. Schnitzler, Peter // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/15/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p3
The article reports on the hope of Governor Mitch Daniels to see a series of similar industry initiatives to improve the economic condition in Indiana. He foresee parallel initiatives for manufacturing, transportation and logistics and a series of other crucial business sectors. It has also...
- HOOSIER HYSTERIA OVER TAXES. Gilgoff, Dan // U.S. News & World Report;3/7/2005, Vol. 138 Issue 8, p24
Examines economic policy in Indiana as of March 7, 2005. Proposals of Republican governor Mitch Daniels to raise taxes in the state; Reaction of U.S. conservatives to Daniels' policies; Comments of Daniels on the reasons for his policies; Details of Daniels' career in American politics;...
- INDIAJNA: Agency Cuts Are Coming. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;11/11/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33215, p9
The article reports on the order of Indiana Governor Mitch Daniels that calls state agencies to postpone all capital projects and cut their budgets by 10%, which is a measure expected to save about 400 million dollars.
- Gov. Daniels Gloats Over Indiana's Solid Financials. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;1/21/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33253, p3
The article reports on the appreciation of Indiana Governor Mitch Daniels concerning the satisfying results of the state's public finance.