As Good Times Roll, Teachers' Fund Is Seen as the 'Only Dark Cloud"
- Oklahoma Lawmakers Fail to Resolve Teachers Pension Problems. Watts, Jim // Investment Management Weekly;7/10/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 27, p1
The article claims that there was no progress toward solving Oklahoma's teacher retirement system problems during the 2006 legislative sessions. State Treasurer Scott Meacham said that the Legislature should have allocated something to the Oklahoma Teachers' Retirement System. Accordingly, the...
- Oklahoma Revenues Keep Falling, But Treasurer Sees a Silver Lining. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;11/12/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33216, p3
The article reports on the claim of Oklahoma's Treasurer Scott Meacham regarding the possibility that the state will experience economic recovery despite its declining revenue.
- Saving a public fund. Forman, Jonathan Barry // Pensions & Investments;12/13/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 25, p14
Reveals that switching to a cash balance plan might be the only way to fill the unfunded liabilities of the Oklohoma Teachers' Retirement System. Factors blamed for the underfunding; Comparison between defined benefit and defined contribution pension funds; Difficulties in making the switch.
- Oklahoma Teachers' Bill Approved. Sorondo, Marc // Investment Management Weekly;5/7/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p5
The article focuses on the status of a bill that would provide a much needed solution to the funding crisis faced by the Teachers' Retirement System of Oklahoma (TRS). It notes that the bill was approved by the state Senate's retirement and insurance committee in March 2007. The proposed bill...
- Oklahoma May Bail Out Teachers' Fund. M. S. // Investment Management Weekly;3/5/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p7
This article explains that the $7.8 billion Teachers' Retirement System of Oklahoma could soon receive aid from the state in improving its level of funding if two bills that would allocate more money into the retirement system are passed by the full Senate. The bills are already approved by...
- Changes Ahead. // Pensions & Investments;3/9/2009, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p26
The article presents information on recent developments related to pension and retirement funds. Gwynedd Council Pension Fund has issued an request for proposal (RFP) for its first active absolute-return bond manager. Oklahoma Teachers' Retirement System has issued an RFP on for a record keeper,...
- Oklahoma Teachers' Terminate Neuberger. Sorondo, Marc // Investment Management Weekly;6/26/2006, Vol. 19 Issue 25, p1
Reports on the decision of the Teachers' Retirement System of Oklahoma to terminate Neuberger Berman from a $317 million fixed-income account. Resignation of key personnel on Neuberger's fixed-income team; Other topics discussed at the May 24, 2006 board meeting of the fund.
- Changed Ahead. // Pensions & Investments;11/1/2010, Vol. 38 Issue 22, p46
The article offers information on search of equity managers by different pension organizations which include a target-date fund manager by San Francisco City & County Employees' Retirement System, a master custodian by Oklahoma Teachers' Retirement System and a currency overlay manager by Fonds...
- Thornburg's international equity assets drop. DIAMOND, RANDY // Pensions & Investments;9/15/2014, Vol. 42 Issue 19, p3
The article looks at Santa Fe, New Mexico-based Thornburg Investment Management, focusing on the financial performance of the firm's investment funds and job changes for some of its executives. It reports that several pension trusts including the Oklahoma Teachers' Retirement System and the New...