Not Bad for New England, But There's Room to Improve
- Vermont. // Bond Buyer;02/14/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30828, p85S
Focuses on the economic conditions of Vermont. Accomplishments of state authorities for 1999; Projections on the fiscal performance for 2000; State and local revenues; Data on total debt per capita; Employment growth from 1993 to 1998.
- VERMONT: State Aims to Beat Target. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;6/20/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33535, p9
The article reports on the aim of Vermont to finish its fiscal year earlier than its revenue target by approximately 20 million dollars, according to Jeb Spaulding, Secretary of the Administration.
- Fund Revs Beat Forecast. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;7/25/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33554, p9
The article reports that preliminary general fund revenues of Vermont for fiscal 2011 were 34 million dollars above the revenue target based on the report by Secretary of Administration Jeb Spaulding.
- Vt. targets generous school-construction program. Lindsay, Drew // Education Week;4/19/95, Vol. 14 Issue 30, p12
Report on Vermont lawmakers' efforts to repeal the school-construction program that the state can no longer afford. Shortfalls in the programs; Alternative funding scheme; Possible adoption of measures to prevent extravagant spending; Remarks of Senator Jeb Spaulding, chairman of the Senate...
- Pride of the Yankees: High Ratings, Low Insurance. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;2/11/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31322, p25A
Focuses on the economic condition of Vermont in the fiscal year 2002. Municipal bonds sold by the state in 2001; State income from sale of general obligation debt in 2001; Projected amount of debt per capita for fiscal 2002; Reason for the increase in state unemployment.
- Shrinking Surplus Ends Vermont's Two Years From Market. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;9/10/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31220, p36
Reports the plans of selling general obligation bonds in Vermont. Effect of economic slowdown on the bond market; Use of surplus cash for several years to offset borrowing; Improvement of credit quality.
- After a soggy season in Vt., operators' hopes rise for fall. Allen, Robin Lee // Nation's Restaurant News;10/19/98, Vol. 32 Issue 42, p126
Focuses on the optimism of foodservice operators in Vermont on the increase of their profits for the fall 1998. Contribution of the observance of the fall foliage to the increase of the profits of restaurants in the state; Launch of emergency advertising campaign to attract more people into the...
- Vermont. Cintron, Ivan // Bond Buyer;10/29/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30510, p9
Analyzes Vermont's bond issues. Economic factors contributing to the upgrade of the state's general obligation bonds.
- The Politics. // Access;Dec2001, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p16
Reports the management of public institutions in Vermont. Description of public and private components; Elimination of programs due to high tuition, state support and economic downturn; Reasons for the elimination of programs providing dental services.