Surprise Surplus Is Good News, Though a Large liability Looms
- Idling, Stalled or Just Plain Slow? Fairfield County in 2007. // Fairfield County Business Journal;12/4/2006, Vol. 45 Issue 49, p34
The article focuses on the economic condition of Connecticut. The state has projected a $500 million budget surplus for the fiscal year of 2007, which is already reaching half its last year surplus rate. While the state has continued to have low unemployment and healthy wage increases, it lagged...
- Business. civic leaders see healthy future for Shelton. Kalinoski, Gail // Fairfield County Business Journal;2/17/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p18
Forecasts the economic conditions of Shelton, Connecticut for 2003. Market-rate housing; Factors contributing to the favorable forecast; Plans for Enterprise and Commerce Park.
- Development is a 'mixed bag' in Fairfield. Hutchison, Andy // Fairfield County Business Journal;7/15/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 28, p13
Focuses on the different perspective of economic development in Connecticut. Development in Bridgeport despite struggling economy; Recession of overall development in Norwalk; Relocation of SureSource in Shelton.
- Connecticut economic outlook. Deak, Edward J. // Westchester County Business Journal;05/31/99, Vol. 38 Issue 22, pS18
Presents an economic outlook for Connecticut. Projections by the New England Economic Project; Growth of the labor force; Total housing permits; Retail sales.
- Panel: Economy poised for recovery. Prezioso, Jeanine // Fairfield County Business Journal;1/21/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p2
Reports on predictions made by participants in the Greater Norwalk Chamber of Commerce's annual economic forecast luncheon which was held on January 8, 2002 in Norwalk, Connecticut. Growth domestic product growth; Unemployment rate; Office and residential real estate market; Prospects for an...
- State economic outlook mixed. // Fairfield County Business Journal;6/16/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 24, p2
Provides an overview on the economic outlook of the state of Connecticut. Benefits of a national tax cut favoring investment on the state's economy; Job growth; Projected decline in state employment rate.
- Economic growth to slow next year. Khasru, B.Z. // Fairfield County Business Journal;11/09/98, Vol. 37 Issue 45, p1
Forecasts Connecticut's economic prospects in 1999, according to Fairfield University economics professor Edward Deak. Job creation; Objectives of the New England Economic Project; Warning against Fairfield County's heavy reliance on the financial services industry.
- Connecticut economic outlook. Deak, Edward J. // Fairfield County Business Journal;05/31/99, Vol. 38 Issue 22, pS18
Forecasts the economic conditions in Connecticut from 1999 to 2003. Factors fueling the growth of the state's economy; Gross state product; Personal income; Unemployment rate; Population; Total housing permits; Retail sales.
- Economy may slow next year. Khasru, B.Z. // Fairfield County Business Journal;12/13/99, Vol. 38 Issue 50, p1
Forecasts the economic growth of Connecticut in the year 2000. Labor shortage; Increase in interest rates for short-term loans; Projection on the total output of goods and services.