D.C. to Allow Redevelopment at Historic Site
- D.C.'s Skyland Project to Advance Despite Agency Dissolution. Schroeder, Peter // Bond Buyer;7/9/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32666, p8
The article reports that the Skyland Project will continue despite the dissolution of the National Capital Revitalization Corp. and the Anacostia Waterfront Corp. Skyland, a low-end shopping complex in the lower-income Hillcrest neighborhood of Southeast Washington, is to be redeveloped in order...
- CEO Void. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;8/23/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31953, p35
Reports that a new head for the National Capital Revitalization Corp., a district economic redevelopment agency is unlikely to be chosen until the fall in Washington D.C. Statement of W. Ronald Evans, chairman of the NCRC's board regarding the economic development agenda of the city; Resignation...
- Eminent Domain Rears Its Head In Supreme Court's Backyard. // Bond Buyer;12/12/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32276, p32
The article focuses on issues related to the low-end mall Skyland Shopping Center and a redevelopment project in the neighborhood of Washington D.C. The redevelopment work will be done by National Capital Revitalization Corp. (NCRC). The NCRC wants to bring benefits to the neighborhood near...
- The best laid plans. Edwards, Martin; Martin, John // Estates Gazette;11/9/2002, Issue 245, p151
Discusses several legal issues on city planning in Great Britain. Importance of the relationship between developers and planning authority; Other court cases on city planning.
- Urban by the Ocean But Moving Upscale. Moniz, Larry // Business News New Jersey;7/17/2001-7/23/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 29, p6
Reports on the redevelopment effort of the City of Long Branch in New Jersey. Construction of 1,300 housing units; Details of the development plans.
- Scuttlebutt. Clement, Lonnie // Inside Tucson Business;08/23/99, Vol. 9 Issue 22, p2
Reports on local developments in Tucson, Arizona as of August 23, 1999. Mayoral candidate Bob Walkup's meeting with Lockheed Martin on building a space port; City's plan to buy parcels of land for the development of a strip mall; Tucson Airport Authority and city government's cleanup effort of...
- Planned retail draws fire. Anastasi, Nick // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);03/30/98, Vol. 45 Issue 13, p1
Focuses on the challenge issued by the Riverhead Growth Coalition on the legality of the planned development district in Riverhead, New York. Area of the planned district; Impact of the proposed development on the real estate industry in the area; Alleged anti-competitive behavior exhibited by...
- Planners get one right. // Las Vegas Business Press;04/12/99, Vol. 16 Issue 15, p4
Editorial. Commends municipal planners of Las Vegas, Nevada for upholding standards requiring that a certain amount of space accompany new development. Previous criticism received by planners for supposedly giving builders too much leeway.
- Builders see dollar signs in Henderson redevelopment zone. Ward, Ken // Las Vegas Business Press;04/10/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 14, p7
Reports on the proposed expansion of the redevelopment zone in Henderson, Nevada. Properties targeted for addition to the existing zone; Municipal assistance offered to businesses under the zone; Real estate development projects expected to result from the expansion.