Cowen is Latest I-Bank To Test IPO Waters
- Four Horsemen Model Going Way of Gipper? Hahn, Avital Louria // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/31/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 41, p7
Reports on the plan of investment banks Thomas Weisel Partners and SG Cowen and Co. LLC to go public. Services offered by Thomas Weisel and SG Cowen; Reasons behind investment experts' skepticism over the initial public offering plans of the investment banks; Financial status of Thomas Weisel...
- Investment banks make asset management move. Bruno, Mark // Pensions & Investments;11/13/2006, Vol. 34 Issue 23, p4
The article reports that mid-size investment banks in the U.S. are performing well in the asset management industry through active recruiting. New York City-based Cowen & Co. and San Francisco, California-based Thomas Weisel Partners are looking to significantly expand their traditional asset...
- Thomas Weisel Partners: IPOs Are Not What Make Its Brokers Elite. Chapelle, Tony // On Wall Street;Jun2001, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p28
Features investment banking firm Thomas Weisel Partners LLC. Average assets controlled by each Weisel financial advisor; Projection of Roy Corr, a firm partner and director of its private client group, for his team of advisors; Target customers of the company's retail financial advisors; Corr's...
- Masimo files for up to $150M IPO; Reliant in $15 million 'E' round. Johnson, Holland // Medical Device Daily;4/20/2007, Vol. 11 Issue 76, p2
The article reports on the filing of a registration statement with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission for an initial public offering by monitoring product maker Masimo in Irvine, California. Piper Jaffray & Co. and Deutsche Bank Securities are acting as joint book running managers,...
- Financings Roundup. // BioWorld Today;10/29/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 209, p5
The article reports on a public offering closed by Eurand NV. The offering involved 9.77 million ordinary shares with a value of 11.25 U.S. dollars per share. It was able to raise a total of 103.9 million U.S. dollars and a portion of it will be used to fund potential product acquisitions and...
- Weisel Eruption. // Traders Magazine;Mar2000, Vol. 13 Issue 164, p6
Focuses on the investment bank Thomas Weisel Partners. Information on the acquisition of the Montgomery Securities, formerly owned by Weisel, by the Bank of America securities; Amount sought by the employees of Montgomery from Weisel for damages.
- Weisel Loses Two More Partners. Lugo, Denise // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/3/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 42, p4
Reports on the developments at investment bank Thomas Weisel Partners LLC. Resignation of the company's partners David Castagna, David Hedley and Mark Shafir; Number of the company's transactions; Problems faced by the company; Partners appointed by the company.
- Roundup: West Coast Investment Bank Starts Covering REITs. // National Mortgage News;12/16/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 13, p10
Reports on the initiation of analyst coverage on real estate investment trusts by investment banking firm Thomas Weisel Partners in San Francisco, California. Concentration of the company in the retail property sector; Expectations of operations per growth of the real estate industry;...
- SECURITIES IN REGISTRATION: EQUITY. // Investment Dealers' Digest;10/24/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 40, p54
Lists several planned offerings that have been registered with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission compiled as of October 2005. CyberKinetics Neurotechnology Systems; Smart Modular Technologies; Thomas Weisel; Asia Payment Systems.