Hedge Funds Buying Energy Pipes
- The investor's perspective. Sword, Graeme // Offshore;Sep2005, Vol. 65 Issue 9, p116
The article suggests that private equity was not attracted to exploration and production for cyclical market reasons. It was oil price driven. It was not a private company environment, and there were few available assets. Many people have expected this to change. In the mid-late 1990s the market...
- Financings roundup. // Medical Device Daily;6/27/2011, Vol. 15 Issue 118, p3
The article reports on the agreement signed by TearLab with certain institutional investors and board members regarding a private placement of 3.85 million units.
- Proteonomix Inc. // BioWorld Today;3/7/2012, Vol. 23 Issue 45, p5
The article highlights the 3.8 million dollars being raised by Hawthorne, New Jersey-based Proteonomix Inc., a therapeutics developer based on the use of human cells and their derivatives, in a private placement of Series E convertible preferred stock to institutional investors.
- Long-only hedge fund strategies popular. // Pensions & Investments;12/9/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 25, p43
The article reports on a report released by Deutsche Bank Markets Prime Finance on December 2, 2013 which reveals that a high percentage of institutional investors invest in long-only strategies run by hedge fund managers.
- Managers eye key regulatory decisions on pan-European marketing. Prew, Bill // Invest Hedge;7/20/2015, p1
Following the final introduction of the European Alternative Investment Fund Managers Directive (AIFMD) in July 2014, both non-EU managers and EU managers running non-EU domiciled alternative investment funds (AIFs) have been restricted to marketing their investment vehicles into the EU via...
- The Alternative Primer. Koreto, Richard J. // Financial Planning;Oct2001, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p47
Focuses on alternative investments such as hedge funds, commodities and private placements. Background on legal and practical considerations which hinder people from going into alternative investments; Information on the calculation of the Commodity Index; Factors which encourage companies and...
- Long-term investors approach secondary market with caution. Beaumont, Alex // Public Private Finance;Jul/Aug2005, Issue 95, p24
Explores the advantages and disadvantages facing institutional investors looking to enter into private finance initiative deals in Great Britain. Capability of the projects to offer fixed income over a number of years that can be used to match scheme liabilities; Challenges in the liquidity of...
- Sunshine to sell 115 million shares in private placement. // Medical Device Daily;7/26/2011, Vol. 15 Issue 138, p2
The article reports on agreements reached by Sunshine Heart with new and existing institutional investors in the U.S. and Canada to sell roughly 115 million shares of common stock in a private placement. The shares will be purchased by investors for 0.04 Australian dollar per share. Proceeds...
- Financings Roundup. // BioWorld Today;6/22/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 120, p4
The article reports on agreements signed by OncoSec Medical Inc. with institutional investors to purchase three million U.S. dollars of securities in a private placement of four million shares of common stock and Series A warrants.