S&P Takes on Insurance Regulator
- A time to be cautious? Napach, Bernice // Medical Economics;07/13/98, Vol. 75 Issue 13, p18
Reports that according to rating company Standard and Poor's, it is wise not to increase percentage of stocks in portfolios. Why they made this recommendation; Details on the recommendations from Standard and Poor's.
- S&P Makes Changes to Evaluation. // National Mortgage News;5/27/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 35, p8
Reports the enhancement of the servicer evaluation program of Standard & Poor's in New York. Introduction of the Servicer Evaluation Assessment Module; Development of internal database to perform a quantitative evaluation; Incorporation of peer group comparisons and statistical benchmarking.
- S&P Changes Servicer Test With New Module. // Mortgage Servicing News;Aug2002, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p6
Reports the enhancement of the servicer evaluation program by Standard & Poor's (S&P) rating agency in New York. Introduction of Servicer Evaluation Assessment Module (SEAM); Functions of SEAM; Campaign of S&P for the program.
- VENEZUELA. // Caribbean Update;Oct2011, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p21
The article reports on the move by the ratings agency Standard & Poor's Ratings Services on August 19, 2011 to reduce its long-term foreign and local currency sovereign credit ratings of Venezuela to B+ from BB-.
- NETFLIX GETS UPGRADED. Wolf, Jessica // Home Media Retailing;6/26/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 26, p28
Reports on the move of market analyst firm Lehman Brothers to upgrade the stock of Netflix on June 22, 2006 from equal-weight to overweight. Reason for the upgrading of the stock of Netflix.
- Panelists Warn of 'OPEB Tsunami,' Urge Early Liability Disclosure. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;5/5/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32375, p6
The article reports on the views of municipal market experts at a panel on health care and other post-employment benefits (OPEB) during the annual conference of the Federation of Municipal Analysts (NFMA) in May 2006 in Santa Monica, California. Robert Larkins, managing director for Lehman...
- S&P hikes Avon Products rating. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/27/1996, Vol. 171 Issue 60, p2
Reports from New York, that Standard & Poor has increased the ratings on the debt of Avon Products Incorporated. Details of the increase on Avon Capital Corporation's debt; Statement from S&P about the upgrade; Statistics on Avon's fourth quarter income; Reason for the closure of the Avon stock.
- S&P Analysts Like Cable's 2001 Outlook. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;01/22/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p40
Discusses the Standard & Poor's analysts' forecast on the stock market performance of the cable television industry for the year 2001. Factors attributed to the strong performance of the industry despite competition from direct-to-home satellite providers; Efforts of cable providers to retain...
- Beating a path to absolute clarity. Anthony, Keith // Fund Strategy;10/10/2005, p16
Reports that Standard & Poor's Corp.'s devising of a formula to help analyze and compare absolute return funds in Great Britain. Risks implied by the complexity of the funds; Returns and volatility of equity funds; Revamp of balanced management funds.