Infighting Dooms Guggenheim's Junk Biz
- Barclays Brings Its Junk Bond Chief Back Home. MANDARO, LAURA // American Banker;2/28/2000, Vol. 165 Issue 39, p3
Reports on Barclays Capital's transfer of its global head of high yield Joseph Bencivenga to its headquarters in London, England from New York City. Plan to hire additional workers in leveraged finance; Impact of the bank's decision to enter the junk bond market.
- Morgan Joseph Beefs Up HY Team. // High Yield Report;6/7/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 23, p4
Presents news items on high yield bond financing, as of June 7, 2004. Morgan Joseph & Co.'s appointment of Steven K. Fischer as its managing director; Weetabix's preference for mezzanine finance to junk bonds; Abraxis Petroleum's appointment of Guggenheim Capital Markets to advise it on debt...
- Maxcor's HY Team Migrates. S.H. // High Yield Report;1/26/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p1
Discusses the migration of U.S.-based Maxcor Financial's leveraged finance team to Link Securities, a subsidiary of Guggenheim Capital. Departure of Mario Monello, Maxcor's head of leveraged finance, to become managing director of Links Securities; Total number of professionals who have made...
- New issues slow to a trickle--again. // High Yield Report;08/09/99, Vol. 10 Issue 32, pN
Reports on the performance of the high-yield bond market, on the deals underwritten by Donaldson Lufkin & Jenrette and on bond offerings during the week of August 9, 1999.
- The Music Is Still Playing in HY Market. Conrad, Lee // High Yield Report;04/24/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 17, p1
Reports on the recruitment of investment managers in the United States high yield market.
- Mountain-Top HY Fund Starts at Bottom. Clouse, Carol J. // High Yield Report;05/29/2000, Vol. 11 Issue 22, p1
Focuses on the bottom-up approach adopted by RMF High Yield Opportunities Fund manager Mark Mink.
- Maxcor Goes After The Little Guys Of Leveraged Finance. Husband, Sarah // Bank Loan Report;5/6/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 18, p10
Reports on the participation of Maxcor Financial Inc., a subsidiary of Maxcor Financial Group, in the leveraged finance market with the aim of focusing on smaller firms in 2002.
- Profile: Maxcor Sees Opportunities in Leveraged Finance. Husband, Sarah // Private Placement Letter;5/6/2002, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p1
Presents information on the plan of Maxcor Financial Group Inc. to enter the leveraged finance business.
- Maxcor decides to stay downtown. // Crain's New York Business;8/26/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 34, p1
Reports on the decision of Maxcor Financial Inc. to stay permanently in New York City.