Cintra-Zachry Venture Proposes 600-Mile Rail Line for Texas
- Tarmacing the countryside. Ghosh, Ashok // Public Private Finance;Jul2003, Issue 75, p15
In this article the author presents his indictment of the British government's failure to implement its ambitious targets for transport and argues that private finance initiative approach could have been better implemented if the government had determined so. He argues that there has been very...
- Engine for rail renewal. Hellowell, Mark // Public Private Finance;Feb2005, Issue 90, p28
Investigates the importance of public private partnerships (PPP) in Evergreen 2, a rail scheme in Great Britain. Creation of a PPP-style special purpose vehicles across the network; Delivery of a massive program of rail projects; Transfer of maintenance contracts back in-house from private firms.
- Missouri Highway Agency Plans to Sell $550M. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/22/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32656, p5
The article reports on the plan of the Missouri Highways & Transportation Commission to enter the market in August 2007 with a $550 million new-money road bond sale. The plan is said for the innovative public-private partnership using $600 million of tax-exempt private-activity bonds to finance...
- Dallas Area Rapid Transit Looks for Solutions to $1 Billion Funding Gap. Philyaw, Jason // Bond Buyer;1/15/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32795, p8
The article focuses on the proposals of Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) company aimed at solving the uncovered $1 billion funding gap in its light-rail development program in Texas. It discusses several factors contributing to the funding gap, including escalating costs of materials, labor,...
- FUTURE CHALLENGES FOR PRIVATE SECTOR RAILROADS. White, Jr., Charles H. // Journal of Transportation Law, Logistics & Policy;Second Quarter2005, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p226
Presents the author's opinions regarding the future challenges for private sector railroads in the United States. Views on government policy related to railroads; Discussion on federal aid for the private sector railroads; Information on railroad fares.
- Transportation Regulation. Meyer, John R. // Challenge (05775132);Nov/Dec76, Vol. 19 Issue 5, p44
The article focuses on economic regulation related to transportation in the U.S. Whatever its early historical justification, or even possible successes, government regulation of transportation in the U.S. is today undeniably a failure. It does not serve anyone's interests welt. For consumers...
- Branches taken over. // Railway Gazette International;Feb2010, Vol. 166 Issue 2, p26
This article reports on the agreement reached between the Land of NiederÃ¶sterreich, national operator Ã–BB and the Austrian federal government that guarantees long-term funding for secondary and tourist rail lines.
- Private finance initiatives the route to go. // Finweek;9/28/2006 Supplement, p52
The reports on the public and private finance initiatives for road construction in Namibia. The country is planning to develop, manage and maintain national roadwork by increasing public and private partnerships or toll road system. Namibia will use funds raised by agencies from capital markets,...
- Pointers. // Railway Gazette International;Apr2006, Vol. 162 Issue 4, p181
The article offers news briefs on railroad transportation as of April 2006. Andean Development Corp. has been appointed to assist with structuring the tender process for a public-private partnership established to improve the national network in Uruguay. Croatia's Ministry of Transport has began...