New Agency for Taxables?
- THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT. // Bond Buyer;10/17/2005, Vol. 854 Issue 32239, p38
Presents a chart depicting the status of several bond legislation in the U.S. Individual Alternative Minimum Tax Repeal Act of 2005; America's Better Classroom Act of 2005 and Extension of QZAB program; Tribal Government Tax-Exempt Bond Fairness Act.
- N.Y.C. to Start Selling $800 Million Of GOs With Taxable Piece to Follow. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;7/21/2008, Vol. 365 Issue 32922, p3
The article reports on the plan of New York City to sell its general obligation (GO) bonds in 2008. The city is planning to start selling $800 million of new-money tax-exempt GO bonds in July and competitively market $165 million of taxable GO bonds in August. The decision to sell GO bonds is...
- Tax-Exempt Bonds Closing Agreement Program. // Practical Accountant;Nov2001, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p16
Discusses the United States Internal Revenue Service's creation of a voluntary closing agreement program for tax-exempt bonds discussed in 'Notice 2001-60.' Opportunity for bond issuers and conduit borrowers to correct violations of the tax law and regulations on tax-exempt bonds; Contact...
- Uniform audits ahead? Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;09/08/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30721, p1
Reports on the uniformity in the tax-exempt bond enforcement program of the United States government. Maturity of the regulation of municipal bonds; Growth of intermediate sanctions regime.
- Clinton's looming veto jeopardizes bond programs in Republican tax cut bill. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;09/10/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30723, p5
Reports on the spate of tax-exempt bond proposals in the United States Congress' $792 billion tax bill. Negotiation of a tax deal; Provisions of the appropriations bill in the US Congress.
- Volume Drops 21% In January. Meyers, Maxwell // Bond Buyer;2/1/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32310, p1
The article reports on the decline of municipal bond issuance by 21 percent year-over-year in January 2006 in the United States. Tax-exempt bond borrowers sold 4.7 billion dollar less debt than they did in January 2005. According to statistics released by Thomson Financial, it was the biggest...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;8/24/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31210, p36
Presents information on government securities trading in the United States, as of August 23, 2001. Short-term tax-exempt yields; Securities prices; Bond indexes; Municipal bond prices.
- Massachusetts Readies $750 Million of GOs, Mostly Tax-Exempt. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;9/28/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32227, p4
No abstract available.
- Survey: Governmental Bonds Often Used in Multifamily Deals. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;6/17/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31658, p5
Local housing authorities increasingly are relying on tax-exempt governmental bonds to finance multifamily housing in the U.S. State and local housing authorities have issued $1.7 billion in governmental bonds to finance 41,615 units of housing in 2002. Under the private-activity bond...