OPEBs a Top Priority
- Circular Concerning Issues on the Implementation of the Labor Contract System. // Chinese Law & Government;Jan/Feb2001, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p23
Presents the text of a circular concerning issues on the implementation of the labor contract system in accordance with the labor law in China as of October 31, 1996. Term options for signing a labor contract; Conditions that employees must conform to in signing labor contracts with non-fixed...
- Trust me, I'm an implied term. Seward, Karen; Fahy, Sheila // Employers Law;Mar2003, p12
Focuses on the increased application of the implied terms of mutual trust and confidence in employment contracts in Great Britain. Early appearances of the implied term of mutual trust and confidence; Enhancements in the benefits; Implications for employers.
- HR Q&A. // HR Specialist;Feb2012, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p4
The article provides answers to questions related to labor law in the U.S.
- ECA--RIP. Balls, Ashley // NZ Business;Nov2000, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p44
Comments on the employment regulations in New Zealand. Nullification of the Employment Contract Act; Presentation of reasonable conditions in labor contracts; Role of trade unions in employment; Introduction of employer obligations in the Employment Relations Act.
- How to modify an employment agreement without the employee's consent. Labate, Greg S. // Orange County Business Journal;05/18/98, Vol. 21 Issue 20, p11
Offers legal advice for employers in California on how to change the terms of an employment contract without the express consent of the employee, according to `DiGiacinto v. Ameriko-Omserv Corp.' Key provisions of the court's decision on the case; Case background; Factors that an employer...
- Good business sense? Howlings, Judith // People Management;2/19/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 4, p21
Discusses the adequacy of commercial reasons in justifying the termination of an employee's contract under British labor laws. Essential criteria for `safe' contract variations; Right of employers to dismiss people who do not agree to changes resulting from a business reorganization.
- Attempting to exclude disciplinary procedures. Keenan, Denis // Accountancy;Oct2000, Vol. 126 Issue 1286, p98
Comments on a legal case wherein an employer attempts to exclude disciplinary procedures in the contract of employment. Background of the case Brigden vs. American Express Bank Ltd.; Key provisions in the Unfair Contract Terms Act of 1977.
- CONTINUITY COUNTS. McMullen, John // People Management;11/22/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 23, p21
Talks about the importance of employment continuity for preserving contractual and statutory rights in Great Britain. Provisions of the Section 218 of the Employment Rights Act 1996; Information on the case Celtec Ltd. versus Astley.
- The End Starts at the Beginning. HILL, CHRISTOPHER G. // Remodeling;Aug2013, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p12
The article presents suggestions on ending employment contract by employee or employer in at will employment state without violating state or federal law in the U.S.