O'Hare Critics: Told You So
- TAA leading development of general aviation facility. Fessenden, Jim // Inside Tucson Business;04/12/99, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p1
Focuses on the aviation development project at the Tucson International Airport (TAA) in Tucson, Arizona. Construction of a hangar as a base for the project; Comments from airport administrators on the project's potentials.
- Everything But Passengers. Johnson, Kimberly // Aviation Week & Space Technology;9/1/2003, Vol. 159 Issue 9, p46
The floors in Baghdad's international airport's Terminal C are polished to a sheen, reflecting its stately and dramatic arched ceiling. Launching commercial service at the Baghdad airport, formerly Saddam International, is because of the symbol of stability it represents, a top goal for the...
- MUSEUM TAKES OFF. Fergus, Jill // Town & Country;Mar2004, Vol. 158 Issue 5286, p72
Features the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center, a branch of the Smithsonian's National Air and Space Museum located at Virginia's Washington Dulles International Airport.
- Minneapolis-St. Paul runway challenged. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;07/26/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30690, p2
Reports on a lawsuit challenging the partially bond-financed construction of a runway at the Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport.
- Runway capacity shortage imperils Paris airports. Sparaco, Pierre // Aviation Week & Space Technology;3/31/1997, Vol. 146 Issue 13, p42
Reports on efforts to solve a shortage of runway capacity in airports in and around Paris, France. Obstacles to the implementation of the ADP Paris airports authority's plan to construct two additional runways at Roissy/Charles de Gaulle (CDG) airport, including government regulations and...
- New La Romana Airport poised to compete. Collins, John // Caribbean Business;2/1/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p45
Reports on the opening of the private La Romana International Airport in La Romana, Dominican Republic. Receipt of scheduled and charter flights from Puerto Rico, the United States and Europe; Operation by Airport Management Services Ltd.; Operations of American Airlines and American Eagle.
- Airport News: NEWS IN BRIEF. // Asian Aviation Magazine;Oct2010, Vol. 8 Issue 8, p10
The article offers news briefs related to international airports including the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission rejecting the proposal of the Sydney Airport, Vietnam's Southern Airports Corp. submitting plans to expand the airports at Hanoi and Hong Kong International Airport...
- Nairobi International Airport. // AirGuide Online.com;1/4/2010, p6
The article reports on the failed runway lights at Nairobi's main international airport, Jomo Kenyatta International on December 9, 2009 that halted all incoming and outbound flights for several hours.
- South African airport seeks UK support. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;7/8/2002, Issue 2521, p7
Reports that officials of the Kruger Mpumalanga International airport in South Africa are calling on British charter carriers and operators to help support its development. Airport's acceptance of international flights in November 2002; Development of programs based around direct flights from...