Hospital Board Challenge
- Hospitals Feeling 'Niched to Death' Haugh, Richard // Trustee;Jun2002, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p31
Discusses the dispute between Lincoln General Hospital in Ruston, Louisiana and the Green Clinic, a group of physicians that is building its own hospital, as of June 2002. Details of the operations of Lincoln General; Concerns of physicians; Business strategy of hospitals.
- Ad creator gives the competition big headaches. Barkholz, David // Crain's Detroit Business;12/04/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 49, p26
Reports the advertisement of the William Beaumont Hospital in Royal Oak, Michigan. Use of the advertisement to brand doctors; Promotion of physician excellence in selecting health care system; Implications of the advertisement for selecting health care companies.
- Japanese Hospital Guide. Kubo, Emily // J@pan Inc.;Summer2006, Issue 68, p18
Offers tips for choosing physicians and hospitals in Japan. Comparison of the Japanese hospital system with its Western counterparts; Factors that should be considered when choosing a hospital; Advantages of large hospitals over small clinics.
- Maintenance of Certification can help engage doctors in quality improvement. Cassel, Christine K.; Sennett, Cary // AHA News;4/2/2007, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p5
The article offers information on improving quality of hospitals. According to the article, getting physicians involved in hospital quality improvement efforts has always been a challenge. The "Hospital-Based Patient Care Practice Improvement Module" from the American Board of Internal Medicine...
- Arkansas Listings in the National Register of Historic Places. Cothren, Zackery A. // Arkansas Historical Quarterly;Winter2005, Vol. 64 Issue 4, p425
Presents information on several community hospitals in Arkansas. Smith Hospital in Paris, opened by physician brothers John James and Arthur MacDaniel Smith; Trinity Hospital in Little Rock, incorporated by several physicians; Mayo Clinic in Lake Village, opened by physician Edward Pelham McGehee.
- Acute Care Hospitals. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);2000-2001 Book of Lists, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p114
Presents a list of acute care hospitals in New Orleans, Louisiana. Rank of the hospitals based on the number of licensed beds; Details of net patient revenue and income loss of the hospitals; Company administrators and owners; Number of physicians with admitting privileges; Contact information.
- How Hospital Buen Samaritano won the westâ€¦. Díaz, Mario Belaval // Caribbean Business;5/26/2011, Vol. 39 Issue 20, pS38
The article reports on the services offered by Hospital Buen Samaritano (HBS) in Puerto Rico. It notes that HBS has specialized centers and services that include a blood or pathology bank, radiotherapy center, clinical laboratory and conventional radiology. It also notes that the facilities of...
- Hospitals target readmissions. Greene, Jay // Crain's Detroit Business;4/27/2009, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p3
The article presents information related to steps taken by hospitals in Michigan, Massachusetts and Washington to reduce rehospitalizations. It states that 10 to 20 hospitals in these states have jointly initiated a four-year study to develop processes for reducing rehospitalizations by 30...
- Blodgett Has New Approach. Slowik, Elizabeth // Grand Rapids Business Journal;7/23/2007, Vol. 25 Issue 31, p1
The reports on the enthusiasm of physician representatives and project neighbors on the proposed renovation and expansion of the Blodgett Memorial Hospital in East Grand Rapids, Michigan. According to city manager Brian Donovan, since Blodgett is an important part of East Grand Rapids there is a...