Munis Weaken; Target Fed Funds Rate Raised
- Munis Remain Firm as Traders Hold Ground Awaiting New Data. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;7/13/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31924, p2
Reports on the movement of municipal bonds in the trading market in the U.S. as of July 2004. Concentration of trading activity in the intermediate sector; Percentage of growth in consumer spending; Average prices of general obligation offering.
- PIC: An Alternative Approach to Accepting Bids on Local and State Government Bonds: Comment. Hopewell, Michael H.; Kaufman, George G. // Financial Management (1972);Summer79, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p42
This article refutes the superiority of the present value interest cost (PIC) over the net interest cost and true interest cost (TIC) used by state and local governments in awarding their serials bonds as proposed by Professors Osteryoung, Braswell and Blevins. The authors also state that TIC...
- Munis Unchanged as Buyers Focus on Primary. Scarchilli, Michael; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/8/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32582, p2
The article reports on the status of the municipal bond market in the U.S. as of the first week of March 2007. It highlights the unchanged state of the New York City market as investors were focused on the primary market, as well as the mild gains shown by the Treasury market whose yield on the...
- Munis Mostly Unchanged in Light Trading Day. Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;7/30/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32681, p2
The article reports on the performance of the U.S. bond market. The tax-exempt market was mostly unchanged on July 27, 2007, as market participants took stock July 26, 2007's gains and expected toward a summer weekend. In addition, the Treasury market showed little movement. The yield on the...
- NABL Tells Treasury Tax-Exempt Sector Needs Opt-Out Provision. McConnell, Alison L. // Bond Buyer;10/6/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32233, p1
Reports on the implications of penalty protection disclaimers in municipal bond deals in Washington. Factors necessary in capital market transactions; Assessment of policies and laws governing state and local bond opinions; Inclusion of opt-out provision in any new versions of the proposed...
- Munis Firm a Bit Ahead of Data. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;3/13/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32585, p2
The article talks about developments in the U.S. municipal market. The author has stressed that the municipal market was slightly firmer on March 12, 2007 as participants looked toward a full slate of primary market issuance and potential market-moving data. According to traders, tax-exempt...
- Municipals Unchanged as LIPA, Missouri, Rhode Island Sell Deals. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;4/4/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31608, p2
There was moderate trading of municipal bonds while the Long Island Power Authority in New York, the Missouri Housing Development Commission, and the Rhode Island Refunding Bond Authority entered the new-issue market. Treasuries were mostly higher, gaining ground on weak economic data and the...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Thursday, July 7. // Bond Buyer;7/8/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32170, p2
Reports on the performance of the bond market in the United States as of July 7, 2005. Government securities prices; Municipal Bond Index; Bond buyer's 30-day visible supply.
- Munis Firm But Lag Taxables as Investors Wait for FOMC Meeting. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;9/21/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31973, p2
Reports on the performance of municipal bonds on September 20, 2004 in the U.S. Weak performance of the market compared to the Treasury market; Decline in municipal bonds yield in previous weeks; Comments of several financial executives regarding the Federal Open Market Committee meeting.