Tobacco Firms Weigh $1.1B Payment Cut
- Regulations. // Contract Management;Jul2004, Vol. 44 Issue 7, p57
Reports on regulations related to contract management in the United States. Issuance of an interim rule for the amendment of the Federal Acquisition Regulation; Explanation of non-available items for the Buy American Act; Removal of requirement for a contracting officer to withhold a percentage...
- Tobacco Payments to States Lower Than Anticipated. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/22/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32117, p36
Reports on the lower annual payments to states by tobacco manufacturers in the U.S. Move of some small tobacco manufacturers to invoke a clause in the agreement that allows them to withhold part of their payments if they lost market share to manufacturers that did not sign the agreement; Amount...
- THE FIVE STEPS of Contract Review. Murer, Matthew J. // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;May2001, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p28
Discusses the steps to reviewing contracts with long-term care providers. List of key terms to be checked off; Most common problem regarding contracts; How to ensure that audits and investigations are covered.
- Landowner/Detectorist Contracts. // Treasure Hunting;Jul2007, p26
The article notifies readers that they can get four copies of Landowner/Detectorist Contracts from the magazine.
- Introduction to special issue: Harmonisation of contract law: an economic and behavioural perspective. Smits, Jan // European Journal of Law & Economics;Jun2012, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p473
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including development of European contract law, use of an optional instrument in contract, and harmonization of substantive contract law.
- Set out your commitment ahead of signing a contract. Barnett, Vanessa // New Media Age;10/3/2002, p21
Gives advice on signing pre-contractual documents. Advantages of considering the details of commitment before signing a contract; Circumstances by which documents will be legally binding.
- LEGAL & POLICY. GOTTHELF, BETH // Products Finishing;Jan2015, Vol. 79 Issue 4, p36
The article presents answer to a question related to methods of identification and avoiding suspension and debarment pitfalls from government contracts.
- Reading, writing, and protection. Barnes, Roger; McCoy-Pinderhughes, Paula // Black Enterprise;Dec2001, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p43
Offers tips on reading, writing and protecting a business contract. Identification of the provisions that are commonly overlooked; Discussion on the basic elements of every contract; Suggestions on how to find legal help.
- Beware battling forms in making agreements. Flemming, Jennifer A. Lesny // Crain's Cleveland Business;11/12/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 46, p25
Reports on the 'battle of the forms' played out in daily businesses transactions. Explanation from Ohio's Revised Code; Terms of the contract and the loopholes visualize; Indifference of terms and contracts for objection.