UNA NUEVA SUBESPECIE DE GENTIANA OVATILOBA (GENTIANACEAE)
- Explaining botanical and cultivar names. // Garden;Dec2011, Vol. 136 Issue 12, p22
The article discusses the basis for botanical and cultivar names, from the determination of the genus, the species, and variation within the species.
- The genus Alstroemeria (Alstroemeriaceae) in Argentina. Sanso, Andrea Mariel // Darwiniana;1996, Vol. 34 Issue 1/2, p349
The Argentine species of Alstroemeria L. are studied and a brief nomenclatural history of the genera is given. The taxonomic treatment includes keys to species, descriptions, synonyms, illustrations, ecological observations and distribution maps. At present, 10 taxa are recognized and treated...
- FICUS LUSCHNATHIANA (MIQ.) MIQ., NOMBRE CORRECTO PARA FICUS MONCKII. Vazquez Avila, Marcelo D. // Darwiniana;1985, Vol. 26, p381
After the revision of type material the author found that Ficus monckii and F. enormis are different species, and that F. luschnathiana is the correct name for the former.
- A note on Tulipa cinnabarina. Persson, Karin // Plantsman: New Series;Mar2007, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p58
The article discusses the naming of the flowering plant Tulipa cinnabarina. The author explains why one name for the Turkish tulip is better than another. Two different names were used for the plant, one in the "Flora of Turkey" journal and another in "The New Plantsman" journal in 2000 and...
- Some problems in the International Code of Botanical Nomenclature (ICBN) and some suggestions for solutions. Stalpers, Joost A. // IMA Fungus;Jun2011, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p18
In this article the author discusses some problems in the International Code of Botanical Nomenclature (ICBN). He describes possibilities for the rule that should adopt by mycologists. He examines the Principle 4 of the Code. He suggests solutions to resolve such problems including the...
- Plant Names. Lake, Morris // World of Wood;Sep/Oct2011, Vol. 64 Issue 5, p12
The article presents information on binomial system for naming plants and the entities authorized for naming of plants. As stated, binomial systems consist of hierarchy for woody plants which includes class, order, family, genus and species. It states that there is no standard nomenclature of...
- CUCUMIS HYSTRIX CHAKRAV. (CUCURBITACEAE) - A NEW ANGIOSPERMIC RECORD FOR BANGLADESH. UDDIN, SARDER NASIR; KHAN, BUSHRA; MIRZA, MOMTAZ MOHAL // Bangladesh Journal of Plant Taxonomy;Dec2012, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p205
The article provides information on the Cucumis Hystrix Chakrav. (Cucurbitacea), which sets a new record of angiosperm in Bangladesh. It discusses the characteristics of Cucumis Hystrix, which is a setose hairy, tendrile simple and unbranched. It states that Cucumis Hystrix grows in scrub...
- A NOTE ON "ERITRICHUM SCHRAD. 1819" AND ERITRICHIUM SCHRAD. EX GAUDIN 1828 (BORAGINACEAE ). Gandhi, Kanchi N.; Murray, David F. // Journal of the Botanical Research Institute of Texas;2013, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p347
Eritrichum Schrad. was not validly published. Eritrichium Schrad. ex Gaudin is valid and the correct name for the genus.
- NOTES ON ERITRICHIUM (BORAGINACEAE) IN NORTH AMERICA. Murray, David F. // Journal of the Botanical Research Institute of Texas;2013, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p351
Lectotypes are chosen for Eritrichium chamissonis and E. aretioides.