DATOS SOBRE LOS GENEROS ENTONAEMA Y USTULINA (PYRENOMYCETES, XYLARIACEAE)
- CLAVE DICOTOMICA PROVISIONAL PARA LOS GENEROS DE LA FAMILIA XYLARIACEAE (PYRENOMYCETES, SPHAERIALES) DE MEXICO. San Martin, Felipe; Rogers, Jack D.; Yu-Ming Ju // Acta Botanica Mexicana;1998, Issue 42, p35
A dichotomic key is presented herein for 24 genera of the family Xylariaceae (Pyrenomycetes, Sphaeriales), collected in Mexico up to the present.
- Ascovirgaria occulta gen. et sp.nov., Jumillera hawaiiensis sp.nov., and Lopadostoma hawaiianum sp.nov. from Hawaii. Rogers, Jack D; Ju, Yu-Ming // Canadian Journal of Botany;May2002, Vol. 80 Issue 5, p478
Ascovirgaria occulta gen. et sp.nov., a xylariaceous pyrenomycete with perithecia embedded in decayed wood beneath a blackened surface, is described. Its anamorph is Virgaria nigra (Link) Nees, a cosmopolitan dematiaceous hyphomycete long suspected to have xylariaceous...
- The Genus Rhopalostroma (Xylariaceae) in Thailand. Whalley, A.J.S.; Thienhirun, S.; Whalley, M.A.; Sihanonth, P. // Botanical Journal of Scotland;1998, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p185
Describes the Rhopalostroma lekae, a species of Rhopalostroma found in Thailand. Creation of the genus Rhopalostroma in 1977 to accommodate six species of the Xylariaceae that appeared to be restricted to Africa and Asia; Characteristics of Rhopalostroma; Stromata; Cultural characteristics and...
- Rapid and recent origin of species richness in the Cape flora of South Africa. Richardson, James E.; Weitz, Frans M.; Fay, Michael F.; Cronk, Quentin C.B.; Linder, H. Peter; Reeves, G.; Chase, Mark W. // Nature;7/12/2001, Vol. 412 Issue 6843, p181
Discusses a study which showed speciation in a species-rich genus characteristics of the Cape flora using molecular phylogenetics and precise dating of two island species within the same clade as the continental taxa in South Africa. Aridification in the Cape region; How the study was conducted.
- UNA NUEVA ESPECIE DE THOMPSONELLA (CRASSULACEAE) DEL ESTADO DE GUERRERO, MEXICO. Diaz, Martha Gual; Gomez, Susana Peralta; Perez-Calix, Emmanuel // Acta Botanica Mexicana;1997, Issue 40, p37
Thompsonella xochipalensis is described, illustrated and proposed as a new species, based on plants collected in the region of Xochipala, Guerrero. The new species differs from previously known species in having a caudex 8 to 22 cm long and 4.5 to 5 mm thick, and ensiform rosette leaves 1.5 to...
- UNA NUEVA ESPECIE GIPSOFILA DE SISYRINCHIUM (IRIDACEAE: SISYRINCHIEAE) DE MEXICO. Espejo Serna, Adolfo; Lopez-Ferrari, Ana Rosa; Ceja Romero, Jacqueline // Acta Botanica Mexicana;1998, Issue 45, p43
A new gypsophilous species of Sisyrinchium from the municipio of Villa Juï¿½rez in the state of San Luis Potosï¿½, Mï¿½xico is described and illustrated. S. zamudioi Espejo, Lï¿½pez Ferrari & Ceja is recognized by its glaucous, slender, wiry stems ash-grey when dried and by its...
- TROPHIS NORAMINERVAE (MORACEAE), UNA NUEVA ESPECIE PARA LA SIERRA DE MANANTLAN, JALISCO, MEXICO. Cuevas Guzman, Ramon; Carvajal Hernandez, Servando // Acta Botanica Mexicana;1999, Issue 47, p1
A new species of Trophis, T. noraminervae Cuevas & Carvajal from the Sierra de Manantlï¿½n, Jalisco, Mexico, is described, illustrated and compared to its closest presumed relatives, T. mexicana (Liebm.) Bur. and T. racemosa (L.) Urban subsp. ramon (Schlecht. & Cham.) W. Burger
- PINGUICULA CONZATTII (LENTIBULARIACEAE), UNA ESPECIE NUEVA DEL ESTADO DE OAXACA, Mï¿½XICO. Zamudio, Sergio; Van Marm, Johan // Acta Botanica Mexicana;2003, Issue 62, p15
Pinguicula conzattii is described as a new species to science, collected between Santo Tomas Ocotepec and Santiago Nuyoo, district of Tlaxiaco, Oaxaca. Plants of this species are cultivated in Europe under the name of Pinguicula "Santiago Nuyoo Pass". This taxon belongs to section Heterophyllum,...
- SHORTER NOTES. // American Fern Journal;Jul-Sep2005, Vol. 95 Issue 3, p126
The article reports on 11 new records of lycophytes and ferns from the island of Moorea, French Polynesia. The 11 new taxon were not listed in the floristic study by Murdock and Smith in 2003. The additions bring the total number of pteridophyte species known to the island to 83. Seven of the...