ON CINNAMOMUM (LAURACEAE) IN MEXICO
- NUEVAS ESPECIES DE LICARIA, OCOTEA Y PERSEA (LAURACEAE) DE Mï¿½XICO. Lorea-Hern�ndez, Francisco G. // Acta Botanica Mexicana;2005, Issue 71, p61
Eight new species of Lauraceae from Mexico are described and illustrated, namely: Licaria phymatosa, L. quercina, L. siphonantha, Ocotea atacta, O. sarcodes, O. zoque, Persea chrysantha and P. obscura. The three Licaria species belong in the subgenus Licaria; L. phymatosa and L. siphonantha are...
- Taxonomic revision of Cinnamomum (Lauraceae) in Borneo. Soh Wuu-Kuang // Blumea;2011, Vol. 56 Issue 3, p241
Twenty-six species of Cinnamomum are recognised in Borneo. Seventeen species are endemic to Borneo. Fifteen species names are newly reduced to synonymy. The species nomenclature, description, distribution, ecology, vernacular names and uses are given.
- CAMPHOR TREE. Stahl, Carmine; McElvaney, Ria // Trees of Texas;2003, p34
Information about the camphor tree, scientifically known as Cinnamomum camphora, is presented. Camphor, which belongs to the lauraceae family, has originated in East Asia and introduced into the U.S. in the 19th century. It has evergreen leaves and considered as invasive species. The tree is...
- Enantioenriched (3S)-(+)-Linalool in the Leaf Oil of Cinnamomum tamala Nees et Eberm. from Kumaon. // Journal of Essential Oil Research;Nov/Dec2010, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p593
No abstract available.
- Rapid and recent origin of species richness in the Cape flora of South Africa. Richardson, James E.; Weitz, Frans M.; Fay, Michael F.; Cronk, Quentin C.B.; Linder, H. Peter; Reeves, G.; Chase, Mark W. // Nature;7/12/2001, Vol. 412 Issue 6843, p181
Discusses a study which showed speciation in a species-rich genus characteristics of the Cape flora using molecular phylogenetics and precise dating of two island species within the same clade as the continental taxa in South Africa. Aridification in the Cape region; How the study was conducted.
- UNA NUEVA ESPECIE DE THOMPSONELLA (CRASSULACEAE) DEL ESTADO DE GUERRERO, MEXICO. Diaz, Martha Gual; Gomez, Susana Peralta; Perez-Calix, Emmanuel // Acta Botanica Mexicana;1997, Issue 40, p37
Thompsonella xochipalensis is described, illustrated and proposed as a new species, based on plants collected in the region of Xochipala, Guerrero. The new species differs from previously known species in having a caudex 8 to 22 cm long and 4.5 to 5 mm thick, and ensiform rosette leaves 1.5 to...
- UNA NUEVA ESPECIE GIPSOFILA DE SISYRINCHIUM (IRIDACEAE: SISYRINCHIEAE) DE MEXICO. Espejo Serna, Adolfo; Lopez-Ferrari, Ana Rosa; Ceja Romero, Jacqueline // Acta Botanica Mexicana;1998, Issue 45, p43
A new gypsophilous species of Sisyrinchium from the municipio of Villa Juï¿½rez in the state of San Luis Potosï¿½, Mï¿½xico is described and illustrated. S. zamudioi Espejo, Lï¿½pez Ferrari & Ceja is recognized by its glaucous, slender, wiry stems ash-grey when dried and by its...
- TROPHIS NORAMINERVAE (MORACEAE), UNA NUEVA ESPECIE PARA LA SIERRA DE MANANTLAN, JALISCO, MEXICO. Cuevas Guzman, Ramon; Carvajal Hernandez, Servando // Acta Botanica Mexicana;1999, Issue 47, p1
A new species of Trophis, T. noraminervae Cuevas & Carvajal from the Sierra de Manantlï¿½n, Jalisco, Mexico, is described, illustrated and compared to its closest presumed relatives, T. mexicana (Liebm.) Bur. and T. racemosa (L.) Urban subsp. ramon (Schlecht. & Cham.) W. Burger
- PINGUICULA CONZATTII (LENTIBULARIACEAE), UNA ESPECIE NUEVA DEL ESTADO DE OAXACA, Mï¿½XICO. Zamudio, Sergio; Van Marm, Johan // Acta Botanica Mexicana;2003, Issue 62, p15
Pinguicula conzattii is described as a new species to science, collected between Santo Tomas Ocotepec and Santiago Nuyoo, district of Tlaxiaco, Oaxaca. Plants of this species are cultivated in Europe under the name of Pinguicula "Santiago Nuyoo Pass". This taxon belongs to section Heterophyllum,...