Mickey Wach, Textile Conservator
- sew to speak. Plieth, Kate; Malkinson, Heather; Reilly, Rachell; Emerson, Margaret Marcy // Quiltmaker;Jul/Aug2015, p8
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including the Sly Patch quilt in the July/August 2014 issue, the Mountain Morning in the May/June 2014 issue and To The Rescue quilt in the September/October 2009 issue.
- WEAVERVILLE RENDEZVOUS. Jetson, Judi; Spady, Robyn // Handwoven;Jan/Feb2013, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p11
The article gives the highlights of the Weaverville Rendezvous that was held simultaneously in Weaverville, North Carolina and Weaverville, California in October 2012 at which weavers got together to tackle common issues and to celebrate weaving and other fiber arts. It says weavers who took...
- we hear you. VALLETTA, SUE; K., Deborah; R., Carol; H., Becky // Quilter's Newsletter Magazine;Apr/May2016, Issue 451, p6
Several letters to the editor are presented which discuss topics including the statement issued by Quilt National judge Judy Schwender on defining quilting as art in the October/November 2015 issue, becoming a quiltmaker instead of a fabric collector, and quilting-related struggles.
- Jerri Finch: Changing Quiltscapes. Suit, Verna // Fiberarts;Mar/Apr96, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p29
The article features quilt maker Jerri Finch and her quilts. She has been known for her airbrushed quiltscapes. She developed the airbrushing process for quilts in 1976. Details of the airbrushing process for quilts and the difficulties Finch encountered in the discipline are outlined. She...
- Display quilts with care. // Country Living;Jul85, Vol. 8 Issue 7, p73
Their bold patterns and lively colors make antique bedcovers a decorator's dream, but these fragile textiles need special handling to ensure their longevity.
- Various quilt styles. // Country Living;Aug86, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p78
Various quilt styles that can be stitched to fit the house are shown and suggestions for your home are presented to enable you to adorn almost any home beautifully.
- Country in the city. // Country Living;Oct87, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p104
Looks at the use of quilts to give a country look to a Manhattan apartment. Quilts as wall hangings; Period textiles; Embroidered linens.
- Quilter's notebook. // Country Living;Mar1989, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p22
Describes an appliqued quilt, a book on Victorian symbols, handmade magnets and pretty prints. INSET: For effortless cutting..
- Fixing up and making do. Northrop, J. // Country Living;Jan1991, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p63
Recounts the quilting experiences of the author's 75-year-old friend. How she and her family made quilts through the winter months; Sew-and-visit sessions with neighbors; Diverse patterns; Emphasis on the old-fashioned notion of fixing up and making do, in comparison to today's throwaway...