- Irons. // Consumer Reports;Sep2001, Vol. 66 Issue 9, p44
Rates a number of steam irons, including the quality of features such as auto shutoff, self-cleaning, spray, burst of steam, vertical stream, and soleplate. Mention of the Rowenta Professional Luxe DM-880, which received high ratings; Prices.
- The latest wrinkle in irons. // Consumer Reports;Sep2001, Vol. 66 Issue 9, p42
Reviews a number of steam irons, including models with high-end features. Features of irons, including steam, temperature, spray, and water; Concerns including weight of the iron, comfort of the handle, and soleplate; Recommendations.
- What to look for. // Choice;Jul2008, p62
The article discusses the key factors that consumers should consider when purchasing an iron. Essential features, include weight, soleplate, auto shut-off, power-on light, self-cleaning, button groove, variable steam, thermostat light and cord storage. The article compares the key features and...
- STEAM IRONS A few new wrinkles. // Consumer Reports;Sep2004, Vol. 69 Issue 9, p44
Examines the improved performance of steam irons with consideration of better steaming, automatic shutoff, advanced features, and the improvement of the cordless iron. Tips on how to choose a quality iron; Description of irons to avoid; Evaluation of several corded and cordless irons.
- Steam Iron Selection Tips. Bendel, Peggy // Clotilde's Sewing Savvy;Sep2005, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p20
The article focuses on factors to consider in selecting steam iron. The way to determine the right weight of iron is cited. The features to consider to avoid overheating are mentioned. The damages caused by failing to remove water within the iron are enumerated. The types of soleplates found on...
- Smarter Iron Debuts. // Appliance Design;Apr2005, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p10
Evaluates the Magic i-S5 and Steamup i-G5 iron and ironing board from Swiss-based Laurastar Co. Key features of the ironing equipment; Integration of automatic steam system and an automatic blower system in the iron and ironing board; Advantages of the ironing system.
- Irons. // Australian House & Garden;Jul2012, p201
The article discusses factors to consider before choosing an iron. Power determines how much heat the iron produces and is measured in watts, while soleplate material determines how smoothly the iron glides over fabrics, and its resistance to marks and scratches. Steam flow of an iron is...
- Best and worst irons. // Consumer Reports;Oct2014, Vol. 79 Issue 10, p46
The article offers product reviews of irons such as the Rowenta Steamforce DW9280, the Kenmore 80598, and the SInger Expert Finish EF.
- Philips. // Housewares;Mar2006, Issue 196, p11
The article features Philips' EasyCare range of steam irons and offers information on available color, specifications, capabilities, retail price and contact information.