FEMORAL STEAL SYNDROME
- Varicose veins: Totalhealth for legs. MAHI, JOSEPHINE // Total Health;Dec98/Jan99, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p16
Provides information on varicose veins. How women acquire varicose veins; Merck Manual's definition of varicose veins; Adjunct therapies for varicose veins.
- Getting a Leg Up. Behbehani, Mandy // Town & Country;May99, Vol. 153 Issue 5228, p136
Offers remedies for varicose veins. Sclerotherapy; Surgery; Laser.
- Kick Up Your Heels. Ross-Flanigan, Nancy // Health (Time Inc. Health);May2000, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p94
Recommends several remedies for spider veins and varicose veins. Explanation from several dermatologists; Information on both vein problems; Things to consider before undergoing vein surgery.
- Photosclerosis of ectatic veins is now possible. Barone, Patricia // Dermatology Times;Jun95, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p54
Reports on PhotoDerm VL Light source as a pulsed-light therapy for ectatic veins. Effectiveness; Features of the machine; Advantages over sclerotherapy; Adverse reactions.
- A MODIFICATION OF AIRBLOCK TECHNIQUE IN THE SCLEROSING THERAPY OF VARICOSE VEINS. Dziaczkowski, Igor // Angiology;Nov1962, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p537
By the use of a rubber tube, situated between the needle and syringe, the introduction of air into the varicose vein during the sclerotheraphy is facilitated.
- New treatments for varicose veins. Campbell, Bruce // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);3/23/2002, Vol. 324 Issue 7339, p689
Editorial. Discusses techniques for treating varicose veins. Perceived need for more study of techniques which rely on ultrasound scanning to monitor obliteration of the vein lumen; Common use of surgical stripping for treatment of long saphenous varicose veins; Details of non-surgical...
- New Treatments for Varicose and Spider Veins. Franz, Rachel // Dermatology Nursing;Feb2000, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p57
Discusses the treatment options that are available for patients with varicose or spider veins. Definitions of varicose and spider veins; Closure technique for the treatment of varicose veins; Use of lasers to treat spider veins.
- Vein pain. // Choice;Jun2009, p34
The article features the implication and treatment options for varicose veins. The veins should be treated immediately because it is painful and can lead to swelling, throbbing and cramping of the legs. Treatments available for varicose veins include microsclerotherapy, ultrasound-guided...
- Explore new vascular treatment for office use. Groves, Nancy // Dermatology Times;Feb2004, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p33
Reports on alternatives to hospital-based procedures at the disposal of dermatologists for patients seeking treatment of problem veins and vascular lesions for cosmetic or medical reasons. Overview of office-based treatment of veins and vascular lesions offered by dermatologist Margaret Weiss;...