REDEFINING DUE PROCESS ANALYSIS: JUSTICE ANTHONY M. KENNEDY AND THE CONCEPT OF EMERGENT RIGHTS
- Senate Hears Gay Opposition to Court Nominee. Harding, Rick // Advocate;1/19/88, Issue 490, p16
Reports on a United States Senate hearing on Supreme Court nominee Anthony Kennedy, a non-supporter of gay civil rights. Testimony made by Jeff Levi, executive director of the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force; Kennedy's rulings regarding gays in the military; Supporters of Kennedy.
- Canada's gay rights. Larcher, Akim Adé // Xtra (Toronto);2/23/2012, Issue 713, p14
The article discusses the promotion of gay rights by the Canadian government.
- In Pole Position. // Diva;Jan2008, Issue 140, p84
The article reports on the proclamation of gay rights in Warsaw, Poland. Gay rights agenda has been in Poland in 2004 and 2005. However, the gay pride events were banned by the former mayor of Warsaw and the President of the country, Lech Kaczynski. Meanwhile, according to the editor of...
- Symposium: The Evolution of Justice Anthony M. Kennedy's Jurisprudence. Parker, Elizabeth Rindskopf // McGeorge Law Review;Jan2013, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p3
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including Jurisprudence of Justice Anthony M. Kennedy's of the U.S. Supreme Court, Kennedy's influence on the current state of American law and Kennedy's view on the rights of the gay community.
- Justice Kennedy's Jurisprudence on the First Amendment Religion Clauses. Kelso, R. Randall // McGeorge Law Review;Jan2013, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p103
The article offers information related to the jurisprudence of Justice Anthony M. Kennedy of the U.S. Supreme Court. It mentions the influence of moderate civil-libertarian approach of Kennedy on several areas of the court jurisprudence including due process and equal protection clause analysis,...
- Note from the Chief Symposium Editor. Dodd, Jeff // McGeorge Law Review;Jan2013, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue related to the topics discussed at a symposium titled "The Evolution of Justice Anthony M. Kennedy's Jurisprudence," that was held in University of the Pacific, California on April 6, 2012.
- Federal Civil Litigation Notes. A. S. L. // Lesbian -- Gay Law Notes;Mar2010, p35
The article presents various federal civil litigation cases. The California Supreme Court denied a petition to review violations to a biological parent's due process rights in Charisma R. v. Kristina. In Glenn v. Holder, plaintiffs filed a case with the U.S. District Court in Bay City Michigan...
- NEW LAW TO BAN GAY-ONLY SCENE. Reid-Smith, Tris // Diva;Jan2006, Issue 116, p17
The article reports on the enforcement of new legislation Equality Bill that would ban businesses and organizations from discriminating against gay people in England. The legislation will take effect on 2007. In condition with the equality rights given to the gay community, the bill prohibits...
- Reflections on SONDA. Jordan, Susan // Empty Closet;Feb2003, Issue 354, pA2
Expresses views on the passage of the Sexual Orientation Non-Discrimination Act (SONDA) in New York on January 16, 2003. Coverage of the law; Impact of the law on gays; Benefits from SONDA.