New Titles Make Mark as RH Holds Lead on Penguin Group
- Random House Dominates Fiction List. // Book Publishing Report;4/26/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 15, p7
Reports developments on the publishing industry in the U.S. as of April 26, 2004. Number of bestsellers of Random House company through April 25, 2004; Sales of the book "Can You Keep a Secret" by Sophie Kinsella and published by Dial Corp.; Launch of the book "Nighttime Is My Time" written by...
- THE PUBLISHERS. // Book Publishing Report;4/7/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 14, p2
Lists top performing book publishers. Random House Inc.; Simon & Schuster Inc.; Penguin Group; HarperCollins Publishers.
- INTERNATIONAL NEWS. // Book Publishing Report;05/15/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 20, p8
Reports on developments concerning book publishers and publishing as of May 15, 2000. Key personnel changes at Penguin Group; Suzanne Baboneau's appointment as fiction publisher at Simon & Schuster in Great Britain.
- Fourth Quarter Decent Across Board as Penguin Adds Digital Spin on Classics. // Book Publishing Report;Mar2008, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p8
The article reports on the financial performance of U.S. book publishers for the fourth quarter of 2007. Simon & Schuster Inc. experienced a 26% decline in its operating profit and a 4% decrease in revenue during the quarter. Penguin Group also suffered from a slight decline in its sales...
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD THE PUBLISHERS. // Book Publishing Report;3/24/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 12, p4
Presents the New York Times bestseller scorecard for publishers. Random House; Penguin Group USA; Simon & Schuster; Time Warner.
- Random House Edges Penguin Group For Nonfiction Lead. // Book Publishing Report;3/29/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 11, p8
The article reports on the competition between various book publishers in the United States. Random House and Penguin Group are neck-and-neck in the "New York Times" nonfiction hardcover category. New York-based Simon & Schuster Inc. is the dark horse placing seven titles on the list for 25...
- FROM THE EDITORS. Glantz, Shelley; Manczuk, Suzanne // Library Media Connection;Nov2003, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p44
The "Big" book publishers, such as Random House, Simon & Schuster, Scholastic, Penguin/Putnam, or HarperCollins, have many imprints and publish a variety of books for all grade levels, from preschool and board books to young adult and adult titles. Publishers like Abrams or the John Paul Getty...
- Random House, Penguin Leading Paperback Fiction Category. // Book Publishing Report;11/29/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 46, p7
Presents the ranking of various U.S. book publishers based on the bestseller list for paperback fiction of the "New York Times." Position of Random House Inc. in the bestseller list; Number of Penguin Group USA Inc.'s book titles on the paperback fiction list; Place of Simon & Schuster Inc. in...
- Older Titles Still Ruling Paperback Nonfiction Category. // Book Publishing Report;12/13/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 48, p7
This article reports on several publishers of the U.S. Titles that have been published months or even years ago are still dominating the December 12, 2004 New York Times paperback nonfiction list, with few new titles in top 10. Random House Inc. is the number 1 paperback nonfiction publisher,...