People in the News
- Putnam Takes Aim at 2004 Bestseller List with Retribution. // Book Publishing Report;11/24/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 45, p1
Reports on G.P. Putnam's Sons Publishers' plan to release on January 5, 2004, the book "Retribution," by Jilliane Hoffman. Features of the book; Worth of the global rights of the book; Marketing drive for the book.
- G.P. Putnam To Publish More Nonfiction As Held Takes Reins. // Book Publishing Report;4/4/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 13, p1
Reports that G.P. Putnam's Sons Publishers company planned to publish more nonfiction in 2005 in the U.S. Appointment of Ivan Held as president of the imprint; Reason for the publication of more nonfiction; Number of nonfiction bestsellers.
- FAMILY 'SECRET' UNFOLDS. Bing, Jonathan // Daily Variety;11/7/2001, Vol. 273 Issue 48, p1
Reports developments in book industry in the United States as of November 7, 2001. Possibility of adapting the book 'The Secret History' to the big screen; Actions taken by publishers fearing anthrax-tainted mail; Appointment of Carole Baron as president of G.P. Putnam's Sons.
- Putnam Uses New Technology to Market an Old Favorite. // Book Publishing Report;1/26/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 3, p1
Reports that the G.P. Putnam's Sons Publishers imprint of Penguin Group has acquired the final four novels in Stephen R. Donaldson's "The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant" series. Publication of the initial six books in Donaldson's series between 1977 and 1983; Integral role that the Internet will...
- People. // Publishers Weekly;11/26/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 47, p8
The article announces career development of several executives in the book industry including Leslie Hulse at HarperCollins, Stuart M. Bitting at Thomas Nelson, and Daisy Kline at Scholastic Media.
- IN THE LOOP. // Book Publishing Report;9/17/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 37, p5
Discusses the book market distribution of the HarperCollins company. Economic status in the merchandising industry; Administrative function of the company; Operational activities and affiliations in the business.
- The fellowship of the hype. Hammond, Karen // Quill & Quire;Dec2001, Vol. 67 Issue 12, p6
Reports the release of a series of books from author J.R.R. Tolkien by HarperCollins Canada in Canada. List of the books released; Increase on the sales of the books; Recruitment of Jeannine Rosenberg to coordinate promotion and marketing campaigns for the books.
- HC Ups Free Freight Minimun. // Publishers Weekly;6/18/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 25, p20
Reports on the changes implemented by book company, Harper Collins (HC) in terms of sale, beginning July 1, 2001. Increase in HC minimum order for accounts to receive free freight; Discount for orders worth less than $100 at retail.
- Untitled. // New Yorker;2/24/1968, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p42
An excerpt from the periodical "The Times" pertaining to an article on the publishing house Putnam is presented.