- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;5/14/2007, Vol. 254 Issue 20, p4
The article offers news briefs from the publishing industry in the U.S. Apax Partners, one of the largest private equity firms in the country, and OMERS, a Canadian pension fund, have signed an agreement to acquire Thomson Learning, the educational and reference group of Thomson Corp. Pearson...
- Tyke tomes feed future of Walden. Graser, Marc // Daily Variety;5/12/2008, Vol. 299 Issue 26, p1
The article reports on the collaboration of Walden Media with HarperCollins Children's Books in launching Walden Pond Press. The venture will acquire and publish books for young readers as part of the multiyear pact. First published title will be "The Will of Will Wolfkin," by screenwriter...
- How Publishers Are Tackling the App Question. Deahl, Rachel; Reid, Calvin; Teicher, Craig Morgan // Publishers Weekly;11/15/2010, Vol. 257 Issue 45, p4
The article provides information on the development of applications by publishers for their content. According to Lorena Jones, publishing director for application programs at Chronicle Books, the company is first focusing on creating applications based on food and drink books before launching...
- Tokyopop, Harper Ink Manga Pact. // Publishers Weekly;4/3/2006, Vol. 253 Issue 14, p6
This article reports on a distribution agreement entered into by Tokyopop with HarperCollins Publishers. This is also a co-publishing deal that will allow Tokyopop to develop original manga from HarperCollins's prose authors, beginning with adaptations of Meg Cabot's best selling novels.
- BP Radar. // Book Publishing Report;Jan2007, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p8
The article offers news briefs related to the book publishing industry in the U.S. in 2007. HarperCollins Publishers Inc. has announced that it will close its Regan office in Los Angeles, California as of March 1. Thomas Nelson Inc. has formed a distribution partnership with FindEx.com Inc., a...
- Other Highlights.... // Book Publishing Report;5/2/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 17, p7
Highlights the publishers and its specific publications in the U.S.
- RH Puts New Cooking Title on Top of NYT Advice/Misc. List. // Book Publishing Report;11/13/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 44, p7
The article reports on developments related to the book industry and trade in the U.S. Random House has the top two titles on the hardcover side including "Barefoot Contessa at Home" and "Ageless." Simon & Schuster is paced by the No. 4 title on the hardcover list with Paula Deen's "Paula Deen...
- 'Snicket' Boosts HarperCollins. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/7/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 6, p7
Reports on the sales of books from HarperCollins in the second quarter ended December 31, 2004. Sales of the book "The Grim Grotto"; Sales of books for adults; Total sales at HarperCollins worldwide during the period.
- Seeking the faith. Cerny, Dory // Quill & Quire;Dec2004, Vol. 70 Issue 12, p15
The article discusses the business prospects for Canadian publishers in the Christian book market. The recent sales success of books like Rick Warren's "The Purpose Driven Life" and Tom Harpur's "The Pagan Christ" suggest that the Christian book market is an untapped opportunity for Canadian...