Princeton U. Press to Boost Title Output by One-Third
- Princeton University Press Riding On Strength Of Single Bestseller. // Book Publishing Report;4/4/2005, Vol. 30 Issue 13, p3
Reports that Princeton University Press company has gained from the increase in the demand for the book "On Bullshit" written by Harry Frankfurt in the U.S. Estimated number of print; Statement of publicity director Kathryn Rosko regarding the advertisement of the book ; Factors contributing to...
- Bumping Up `Exuberance.'. Quinn, Judy // Publishers Weekly;4/3/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 14, p29
Focuses on the publication of Robert J. Shiller's book `Irrational Exuberance,' by Princeton University Press. Media attention given to the book; Second printing of the book.
- A leaner, meaner university press? Garver, Rob // Business News New Jersey;03/22/99, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p10
Reports on the Princeton University Press' decision to broaden its focus and reduce its editorial staff. Plan to increase the number of books to publish; Move toward publishing more books in the areas of science, professional economics and art history; Recruitment of freelance editors.
- Princeton University Press Offers 'E-Books Plus' Reid, Calvin // Publishers Weekly;5/7/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 19, p22
Reports on the plan of Princeton University Press to launch an electronic book series. Benefit of the series to authors; Overview of `Republic.com,' the first book in the series.
- DEALS. Deahl, Rachel // Publishers Weekly;2/15/2010, Vol. 257 Issue 7, p6
This section offers news briefs related to the book industry. A deal was secured by St. Martin's Press for a new adult novel featuring the original characters of the 1980s young adult series "Sweet Valley High." A new book about the historic U.S. economic summit held at Bretton Woods was sold by...
- Questia Adds Princeton Press Collection. // Computers in Libraries;Jan2002, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p59
Reports on the announcement by Questia Media Inc. that Princeton University Press, an independent publisher connected with Princeton University, has joined its list of publishing partners. Expectation of Questia to digitize and add to its collection more than 2,500 scholarly books in humanities...
- Looking for the Right Number. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;7/18/2011, Vol. 258 Issue 29, p1
The article reports on a survey of trade publishers on their plans for the first printing of lead titles for the fall season of 2011. Results indicate planned deep reductions in first printings of mass market paperbacks, substantial but less severe reductions in hardcover, as well as modest...
- E-Book Aftermath: Three More Publishers Fold Electronic Imprints. Rogers, Michael; Roncevic, Mirela // Library Journal;Winter2002 Net Connect, Vol. 127 Issue 1, p4
Discusses the state of the electronic book industry, in light of the closing of a number of electronic publishers. Termination of the AtRandom e-book imprint of Random House; Closure of the iPublish.com electronic publishing division of Time Warner Trade Publishing; How Princeton University...
- Publication of Einstein Papers begins. D.G. // Physics Today;Jun83, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p62
Reports that Princeton University Press will publish the first volume of the 'Collected Papers and Correspondence of Albert Einstein' in 1984. Funding for the publication; Scope of the book; Obstacles in translating Einstein's German writings.