Connecticut Seeking Approval of $435 Million GO Deal
- Maine to Sell $60 Million of GOs to Aid Roads, Other Projects. Stark, Jonna // Bond Buyer;5/14/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32628, p5
The article reports on the selling of Maine's general obligation (GO) debt in its first long-term bond sale of the fiscal year. According to the treasurer's office, the state has $439.3 million of outstanding GO debt as of January 1, 2007. This year, $52 million of the bonds will be tax-exempt,...
- Puerto Rico May Convert Auction-Rate Debt to Fixed- or Variable-Rate Bonds. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;2/15/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32817, p3
The article reports on an auction-rate debt working by the Puerto Rico officials. About $600 million of auction-rate debt will go up for auction within the next two weeks, with the consideration of Government Development Bank for Puerto Rico to convert the bonds into variable-rate or fixed-rate...
- NORTHEAST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;2/14/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32070, p31
Presents news concerning state bonds in the United States as of February 2005. Sale of University System of Maryland's auxiliary facility and tuition revenue bonds; Rating of Eri County's general obligation debt in New York; Rating of Lifespan Obligated Group's revenue bonds.
- Orange County, Calif., Readies Plans To Refinance Recovery Bonds, COPS. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;5/20/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32137, p3
The article focuses on Orange County, California, which plans to refinance the debt it issued to emerge from bankruptcy. The county issued $279 million of recovery bonds in June 1995 and $761 million of recovery certificates of participation in June 1996. The county plans to issue about $125...
- OKLAHOMA: State Debt Manageable. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;12/11/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32771, p9
The article reports that debt service payments on $1.5 billion of Oklahoma state bonds will total about $157 million in fiscal 2008. Debt service will account for 2.2% of general fund appropriations by fiscal 2012. Increasing annual debt service to 3% of the general fund would allow the state to...
- Volume Down by Almost Half as Issuers Ready $5 Billion. Scarchilli, Michael; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/2/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32599, p7
The article reports on the $5 billion projected volume settling in the primary market after a massive general obligation (GO) refunding in the U.S. Georgia is scheduled to sell almost $600 million of GO in three series. It says that the bonds will be issued through the Georgia State Financing...
- Triple-A Rated Georgia Sets Mostly Tax-Exempt $103M Deal. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;10/7/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32234, p3
Reports that the state of Georgia will wrap up its bond deals for the year 2005 with a general obligation offering that will consist of five-year bonds. Structure of the triple-A debt that the state will issue; Lead bond counsel and financial adviser of the deal; Purpose of the bond issuance.
- Rhode Island Readies $93 Million GO Sale for Highway Improvements. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;10/26/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32246, p36
Reports on the anticipated issuance of new general obligation debt by the state of Rhode Island. Amount involved in the debt issuance; Aim of the initiative to raise funding for the highway improvement program; Bond counsel of the transaction.
- Bond Capacity Put at $1.6B. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;1/23/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33047, p9
The article focuses on the forecast on Oregon's bond capacity in fiscal year 2009 as reported by state Treasurer Ben Westlund. The Oregon State Debt Policy Advisory Commission noted that the state can issue as much as $979 million of new general fund-supported bonds and $616 million of lottery...