The Overton Authorization
- Three California School Districts Ready $98M in Refinancing Issues. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;11/21/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32263, p44
Reports on the advancement of a deal to refinance emergency loans issued to three California school districts. Total amount of the deals; Cause of the delays; Ratings assigned to the deals.
- Forecast Improves For Schools in N.J. // Education Week;5/5/1982, Vol. 1 Issue 32, p3
The article reports on the election for the school budgets by the school-board members in New Jersey. School budgets were approved in 68 percent of the state's 548 voting school districts that rise up to 4 percentages from 1981. From 1978 to 1981, the percentage of budgets passed dropped each year.
- BCISD eyes raising debt service balance. Denney, Lorene // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);7/21/2010, Vol. 138 Issue 29, p1A
The article reports on the proposal heard by the Burnet Consolidated Independence School District (BCISD) board in Burnet, Texas on July 19, 2010 which is to increase the district's debt service rate and learned the various dates when school activities begin.
- Texas school districts find hurdles in debt service program. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;04/16/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30373, p5
Focuses on hurdles faced by Texas school districts seeking to benefit from a state program to help pay debt service. Inadequacy of public notice; Failure to properly structure the lease-purchase deals; Use of the funding for improper purposes.
- Ohio's Marysville School District Gets Bond Levy Approval, Nets State Funds. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;8/4/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32189, p4
Reports on the result of the election aimed at giving bond levy to school districts in Ohio. Percentage of the ballots that gained approval from the voters; Failure of the Cleveland City Schools to succeed in its attempt to raise an operating levy; Value of the bond issuance approved by voters...
- Missed It By That Much. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/29/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32455, p27
This article reports that at least three school districts in Oklahoma lost municipal bond elections in August 2006. Almost 59.2 percent of voters supported a $11.9 million bond issue to build a new middle school in Sallisaw School District. The measure was defeated by 16 votes. About 56 percent...
- Half of School Tax Measures Approved by Ohio Voters. Reid, Karla Scoon // Education Week;11/10/2004, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p16
This article informs that Ohio voters approved roughly half the local school tax measures on their ballots last week. Combined with the results of voting in March and August, the outcome of the November 2, 2004 balloting means that Ohio's passage rate for school tax measures for the entire year...
- Scottsdale, Ariz., Schools May Return to Polls With $217 Million Issue. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;5/13/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31883, p4
Reports that the board of the Scottsdale, Arizona Unified School District is preparing for a $217 million bond election. Uses of the proceeds of the bonds; Appointment of John Baracy as superintendent, replacing Barbara Erwin; Reasons why voters might approve the measure.
- Utah's Jordan School District Divides Up Cash as Split Looms. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;2/5/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32808, p36
The article reports on the decision of Jordan School District board of trustees to provide the district's west side $17 million, $7 million more than will be provided to the east side in Utah. The board explained that the younger west side is growing at a faster rate than the mature east side,...