Fort Bend Bridgework
- Alaska Officials Like Two Firms' Responses to Knik Ann Bridge RFQ. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;3/21/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32591, p5
The article reports that Alaska officials have been pleased with the two responses they received to their request for qualifications (RFQ) regarding building a toll bridge in Anchorage, Alaska. In December 2006, the Knik Arm Bridge and Toll Authority put out the RFQ that seeks potential...
- Businesses, officials wary of toll hikes. Gallagher, Patrick // Westchester County Business Journal;8/13/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 33, p1
The article presents information related to hike toll prices on Tappan Zee Bridge, New York. It highlights the wary of officials and business man as the toll price hike three times comparable to present rate. According to Larry Schwartz, Secretary to Governor Andrew Cuomo, who states the toll...
- Big brother's new toy. Elvin, John // Insight on the News;06/01/98, Vol. 14 Issue 20, p33
Presents information on E-Z Pass deals used by drivers to gain quicker access through the toll gates. Speculation that E-Z pass records may be used to monitor the travels of persons; Information on the use of special antennas installed on major highways to monitor the speeds of cars bearing...
- Chesapeake's $151M Toll Deal Gets $1.86B Orders. SIGO, SHELLY // Bond Buyer;10/30/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33805, p20
The article informs that the toll bridge deal of 151 million U.S. dollars of Chesapeake in Virginia gets orders of 1.86 billion U.S. dollars in October 2012.
- Robocop at the bridge. Saccomano, Ann // Traffic World;04/21/97, Vol. 250 Issue 3, p37
Focuses on the proposed automated bridge toll collection system of the California Department of Transportation. Tests on the system at the Carquinez Bridge between Vallejo and Martinez, California; MFS's responsibility in the implementation of the proposal; Operation procedures of the automated...
- EZPass not so easy on the system. L.J. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/14/96, Vol. 43 Issue 42, p56
Discusses the problems involved in the EZPass system introduced in New York to create quick access through toll booths. Factors contributing to the negative response to the system; Negative effects of one-way toll booths.
- Keep Bridge Tolls, CCC Says. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;1/26/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33653, p9
The article reports on the call of the Crescent City Connection District (CCC) for keeping tolls on twin state-toll bridges in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- E-Z Pass expands New York Beachhead to Jersey, beyond. Jacobson, Louis // Planning;Sep97, Vol. 63 Issue 9, p20
Reports on the implementation of the E-Z Pass electronic toll collection system at the George Washington and three other bridges in the United States. Mechanism of electronic toll collection system; Acknowledgement of discount programs under the new system.
- Network management: Briefs. // Communications News;Nov96, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p56
Reports that E-470 a 35 mile highway under construction will use a system from MFS Network Technologies to incorporate electronic toll payments. Aims of the system.