Regents Tap Matching Funds
- Market Post: Education Deals Take Center Stage. Smith, Kate // Bond Buyer;8/8/2014, Vol. 1 Issue F330, p1
The article reports on the issuance of educational deals in both U.S. competitive and negotiated markets as of 2014. The topics discussed include Florida Board of Education's auction of general obligation bonds , the negotiated deal of Charleston's Educational Financing Authority, popularity of...
- Market Post: Fla. BOE on Tap; Munis Slightly Stronger. Barnett, Chip; Weitzman, Aaron; Albano, Christine // Bondbuyer.com;1/29/2015, p21
The article presents update on municipal bond market deals in the U.S. as of January 29, 2015. Data provided shows the amount of the credit public education capital outlay refunding bonds to be sold by the Florida State Board of Education, the general obligation refunding bonds awarded by San...
- Illinois Panel Urges $1.2 Billion For School Reforms. // Education Week;1/16/1985, Vol. 4 Issue 17, p2
The article reports on the call of the Illinois Commission on the Improvement of Elementary and Secondary Education for more than 1.2 billion dollars in order to fund public school recommendations. The recommendations includes salary increase for beginning teachers, strengthening and expansion...
- Arkansas Judge Won't Delay Order To Address School Funding Issues. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/30/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31191, p38
Focuses on the appeal of state education leaders to a Pulaski County Circuit Court Judge in relation to the funding plan of public schools in Arkansas. Views on the system; Move to initiate alternative school funding formula; Speculations on the dimensions of the funding changes.
- Court rejects Ohio finance plan; revives debate on school funding. Sandham, Jessica L. // Education Week;03/10/99, Vol. 18 Issue 26, p18
Cites a court ruling over the Ohio finance plan which declares the state's school funding system unconstitutional. State officials' failure to present evidence of a net increase in state education funding for fiscal 1999; United States Supreme Court requirement for a complete systematic overhaul.
- Florida Board Approves Budget Request, Looks Ahead. // Community College Week;9/17/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p2
Reports on the passage of a budget request by Florida's Board of Education to Governor Jeb Bush. Objectives of the board; Information on increase in tuition fees at state universities; Comments from board chairman Phil Handy; Concern of state Senator Les Miller, D.-Tampa on the budget request.
- States Spend Nearly Half-a-Billion on Testing. Hoff, David J. // Education Week;03/14/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 26, p18
Highlights a survey of 50 state education officials in the United States, conducted by stateline.org, which found that states are spending $400 million in fiscal year 2001 to develop, administer and score their testing programs. Expected rise in cost if Congress passes President George W. Bush's...
- PSF Realizes 25% Return. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/23/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33286, p9
The article reports that the Permanent School Fund (PSF)of the Texas State Board of Education reveals a return of 25.02 percent in 2009.
- State Boards Aim To `Get Out in Front' on Reform. Sirkin, J. R. // Education Week;10/30/1985, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p5
The article reports on the goals of the National Association of State Boards of Education (NASBE) in Seattle, Washington. The members of NASBE voted for the increase of membership dues with raising a total dues revenue from about 300,000 dollars a year to 450,000 dollars. The increase will fund...