School Board Eyes Tax Hike
- Can Local School Boards Survive? Rose, Lowell C. // Education Digest;Nov1970, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p19
The article discusses the issue of the survival of the local school boards. In these days when schools are in trouble all over the country, school boards find themselves criticized , beleaguered and embattled. One of the changing circumstances relates to the traditional dependence of local...
- ACROSS THE NATION: DISTRICTS. // Education Week;2/17/1988, Vol. 7 Issue 21, p3
The article offers news briefs related to education in the U.S. A tax ruling by the Oklahoma Supreme Court could cost school officials millions of dollars in property-tax revenues. Mildred Madison was chosen as the next president of Cleveland, Ohio's board of education, ending a month-long...
- Despite rhetoric, businesses eye bottom line. Johnston, Robert C.; White, Kerry A. // Education Week;3/19/97, Vol. 16 Issue 25, p1
Part II. Reports that Cleveland, Ohio's local school board has objected to giving up some $800,000 a year in property taxes. Incentives to build the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame; Losses in property taxes.
- CARD taxpayers to see another decrease. Sanders, Ramona C. // Collinsville Herald;12/26/2012, Vol. 54 Issue 52, pA2
The article reports that the Board of Collinsville Area Recreation District approved a two-percent reduction in property taxes for 2014.
- LOUISIANA: School Eyes Tax Renewal. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;12/1/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33625, p9
The article reports on the consideration of the West Feliciana Parish School Board in Louisiana in planning to call a property tax renewal election in April 2012.
- District levy calls for drop in tax rate. Merkel, Jim // Granite City Press-Record;12/19/2012, Vol. 54 Issue 51, pA2
The article reports on total property taxes to be collected by the Granite City School Board of Illinois in 2013.
- St. Charles school board raises property tax rate. Korando, Rusell // St. Charles Journal;9/28/2011, Vol. 46 Issue 74, pA2
The article reports on the move by the St. Charles School District Board of Education in Missouri to increase the district's property tax rate by 29 cents to 4.84 dollars per 100 dollar assessed valuation during a special meeting on September 21, 2011.
- The superintendent's 10 commandments. // Curriculum Review;Jan2001, Vol. 40 Issue 5, p10
Offers guidelines when dealing with school boards. Importance of treating all board members equally; Need to provide all board members with enough information to act on the recommendation; Sense of humor.
- Excerpts From the National Policy Board's Report. // Education Week;5/24/1989, Vol. 8 Issue 35, p21
An excerpt from the report "Improving the Preparation of School Administrators: An Agenda for Reform" of the National Policy Board for Educational Administration is presented.