Charges Loom in McAlester, Okla., Bond Probe
- W. Va.'s Lottery Deal Back on After Lawsuit Is Resolved. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;1/12/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31798, p4
Reports that West Virginia's proposed lottery-backed revenue bond sale was back after the resolved lawsuit that had attempted to block the bond issue. Issuance of economic development bond package; Benefits of the bond sale; Promotion of the bond sale.
- Alabama Selling $305M of GOs for ThyssenKrupp Plant. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/23/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32676, p3
The article reports on the announcement that the state of Alabama competitively priced $305 million of general obligation (GO) bonds for various economic development projects, including the coveted ThyssenKrupp AG steel plant. It is stated that about $220 million of bond proceeds will go to...
- Jacksonville, Fla., to Issue $94M in Revenue Bonds. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/28/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31293, p1
Reports on plans to issue revenue bonds in 2002 by the city Jacksonville, Florida for its several developments. Comments of the city's mayor John Delaney on fluctuations in sales tax collection; Areas for which fund was recommended by the city committee; Overview of the Better Jacksonville Plan.
- KANSAS: Get Your RZ Bonds Here. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;6/15/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33333, p7
The article announces the plan of Kansas Department of Commerce to take applications for statewide allocations of 46 million dollars recovery zone facility bond capacity and 31.5 million dollars recovery zone economic development bonds on July 1. 2010.
- Sunshine State Cities Chart Downtown Renewal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;8/9/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31199, p32
Focuses on the economic development projects despite slowing economy in Florida. Details on the revenue bonds issued to finance infrastructure projects; Approval on the multi-phase downtown waterfront project; Use of taxes to back revenue bonds.
- Alabama Prepares $103.76M Tobacco Settlement Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/28/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31273, p34
Reports on the plans of the Alabama 21st Century Authority to launch a multi-million-dollar tobacco settlement revenue bond issue for economic development. Financial advisor and bond counsel of the issue; Ratings assigned by various rating agencies to the bonds; Projected yield from the state's...
- Joseph Behnken, Southwestern Illinois Development Authority. // Bond Buyer;03/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31089, p40
Focuses on the operations of the Southwestern Illinois Development Authority. Provision of technical advice and assistance through bond issues and loans; Determination of projects needing assistance; Emphasis on moral obligation pledge.
- Proposition Successes a Business Boon. Hill, Martin // San Diego Business Journal;11/11/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 45, p54
Comments on the propositions for the economic growth in California. Development of infrastructure of quality education and housing; Opportunity of the state to sell general obligation bonds; Creation of the safe environment for the people.
- Bonds a boon to job growth in New York, panelists say. Mercurio, Stephanie // Bond Buyer;12/08/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30783, p7
Focuses on the benefits from bond-financed economic development programs in New York. Jobs and opportunities created; Shift of focus of the New York Industrial Development Agency.