Muni Prices Ease in Sympathy With Treasuries
- Survey: Interest Rates Will Rise, Long-Term Volume Will Drop. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;12/1/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32020, p3
This article reports on a survey conducted during the Second Annual Metro Finance Conference. According to the survey, New York public finance professionals expect interest rates to continue to rise in 2005, which will bring about a decline in long-term municipal bond issuance. Over 31 % of the...
- CREDIT RISK, CREDIT RATINGS, AND MUNICIPAL BOND YIELDS: A PANEL STUDY. Capeci, John // National Tax Journal;Dec91 Part 1, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p41
This paper uses a panel data set of general obligation bond issues to examine the channels through which a municipality's credit quality affects its borrowing rate. The paper considers both the direct effect of changes in credit quality on changes in borrowing rates and the indirect effect that...
- Munis, Treasuries, and Stocks All Fall as Investors Eye 'Event Risk'. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;6/10/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31404, p2
Reports the effect of the decline of Treasury bonds on municipal bonds in the U.S. Demand for moderate supply; Losses in the broad equity gauges; Possibility of increase in interest rate.
- Should the 4Â¼% Ceiling on Treasury Coupons Be Removed? Bratter, Herbert // Banking;Apr66, Vol. 58 Issue 10, p49
Discusses the advantages and drawbacks of the 4Â¼% coupon ceiling approach of the U.S. government. Historical background of the 4Â¼% coupon ceiling; Implication of the continuation of the 4¼% coupon ceiling; Impact of the removal of the coupon ceiling on interest rates.
- Wednesday's Data. // Bond Buyer;5/31/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33723, p2
The article offers information on the government securities prices, municipal bond index, and 3-day visible supply as of May 30, 2012.
- Tuesday's Data. // Bondbuyer.com;4/14/2015, p30
The article lists the prices of government securities for 10-year and 30-year periods, municipal bonds' performance and bond buyer's 30-day visible supply as on April 2015.
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;06/12/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30910, p36
Presents municipal bonds-related charts and graphs in the United States, compiled on June 12, 2000. US securities prices; Short-term tax-exempt yields; General obligation bond prices; Municipal bond index and prices.
- Delay Costs State $2.4M. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;2/21/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32323, p33
The article reports that the 12-month delay wait for an Oklahoma Supreme Court ruling of a $50 million bond issue to pay for endowed university chairs cost the state about $2.4 million in interest. The interest rate was 4.42 percent when the court was asked to validate the bonds in November 2004...
- Long-Term Muni Volume Was $34.24B in June. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;7/1/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31917, p1
Presents updates related to bond market in the U.S. as of July 1, 2004. Amount of long-term municipal bonds; Issuance of the bond for teh first half of 2004; Rise in interest rates in the market; Strength of the issuance of bonds.