Pre-employment Testing Can Be Unlawful
- Undying ideals. // U.S. News & World Report;6/26/89, Vol. 106 Issue 25, p17
Report that former `Washington Post' Managing Editor Howard Simons, died of cancer last week at age 60.
- North County man gets one year in jail for rape of gay man. Putnam, Neal // Gay & Lesbian Times;5/29/2008, Issue 1066, p11
The article reports on the conviction of Simon Howard Calac for sexually assaulting a 19-year-old gay man who was severely intoxicated in San Diego, California.
- Assessment tool aids employee screening and hiring process. // Westchester County Business Journal;5/20/96, Vol. 35 Issue 21, p19
Reports on the Teamwork-KSA Test assessment tool for employee screening. Evaluation of self-management skills; Contact information.
- Selection test increase. // Personnel Today;3/11/2003, p51
Reports on an increase in use of employees selection tests by employers in Great Britain. Percentage of employers using selection tests in the country; Employee assessment methods commonly used by employers; Portion of employers using personality tests to determine quantitative, softer, insight...
- Personnel tests. Cohen, Sacha // Training & Development;Aug96, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p64
Features an employee test done directly on a computer. Evaluation modules available in various programs.
- Nation's obsession with testing not limited to the classroom. // Thrust for Educational Leadership;Jan98, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p7
Focuses on the debate concerning the effectiveness of employment tests in selecting the best candidates for a job. Benefits of employment tests; Comment by William G. Harris, executive director of the Association of Test Publishers; Problems with employment tests.
- Business wants its say too. // Canada & the World;May94, Vol. 59 Issue 9, p16
Comments on a proposal by the Ottawa-based Business Council on National Issues. Suggestion of a standard test for entry-level job applicants that would assess basic academic skills and personality traits.
- The All-Important Entrance Exam. Eidson, Christy // Across the Board;Oct98, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p62
Asserts the importance of employment tests to a company. Implication of skipping such tests.
- Testing is not at odds with diversity efforts. Solomon, Charlene Marmer // Personnel Journal;Mar93, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p100
Reports that fears that tests reflect language or cultural bias may prompt employers who are promoting work force diversity to avoid pre-employment testing. How, if done properly, testing can be a valuable tool; Why job-specific tests are best; Identifying skills needed for specific jobs; Use...