American Express Taps Into the Power of Emotional Intelligence
- American Express opens downtown office. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;12/08/97, Vol. 27 Issue 24, p13
Reports on the new office opened by American Express Financial Advisors in Salt Lake City, Utah.
- Amex to pull advisers from Banc One, Fleet. // American Banker;3/11/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 47, p13
Reports that American Express Financial Advisors is scrapping a pilot program that put financial advisers in large regional banks. Decision to concentrate on forging alliances with community banks, credit unions and other lending institutions.
- Roundtable panelists: Market's bloom fading. // Pensions & Investments;12/22/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 26, p3
States that the total return being expected from the United States equity market in 1998, will be zero, according to senior vice president, of American Express Financial Advisors Incorporated, and Roundtable panelist Peter Anderson. Information on the predictions proposed by other panelist;...
- Amex aims to offer financial planning at 140 more banks this year. Kapiloff, Howard // American Banker;4/21/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 76, p10
Reports on American Express Financial Advisors' (Amex) plan to boost its roster of clients from 60 to 200. Share of community banks in Amex' client base; Comments of Amex general manager, Mark Alfutch; Background of Amex' need-based approach to financial planning.
- AmEx exec leads defection of advisers. Roush, Matt // Crain's Detroit Business;10/27/97, Vol. 13 Issue 43, p3
States that there would be an additional American Express Financial Advisors Incorporated office to the financial planning and brokerage firm. Reference to Lyn Closway, American Express media relations consultant; Background information on American Express Financial Advisors Inc.
- AmEx arm dumps some cold-calls. // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;Sep95, Vol. 80 Issue 9, p9
Announces that American Express Financial Advisors will stop cold-calling consumers by December 31, 1995 but will still make unsolicited calls to potential business customers. Company's belief that they were the first to take such stance in the industry.
- American Express Financial Advisors taps minority market. Prenon, Mary T. // Westchester County Business Journal;11/10/97, Vol. 36 Issue 45, p3
Reports on the plan of American Express Financial Advisors Inc. to expand its presence in key minority markets in Westchester County, New York. Employment of more bilingual advisors for the Hispanic Market; Focus of marketing efforts on working women.
- Mutual fund fees restructured. Philip, Christine // Pensions & Investments;4/17/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p32
Reports on the restructuring by American Express Financial Advisors Inc. of its mutual fund fees.
- A Direct Approach. Mandell, Nancy R. // On Wall Street;Aug2001, Vol. 11 Issue 8, pN.PAG
Focuses on the Kids, Parents and Money family investment program developed by the American Express Financial Advisors Inc. Goal of the investment program; Unique features of the program presentation; Activities included in the program.