The Hard Case for Soft Skills
- A tricky balance: cool and emotion. Looney, Douglas S. // Christian Science Monitor;11/5/99, Vol. 91 Issue 239, p12
Focuses on the role of emotion in sports.
- Affective synesthesia: Extracting emotion space from simple perceptual stimuli. Collier, Geoffrey L. // Motivation & Emotion;Mar96, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p1
Reports that several experiments and reanalyses of archival data were performed in which sets of common emotions were mapped into visual and auditory perceptual stimuli of varying complex degrees. Reliability of subjects across experimental paradigms and diverse stimulus sets; Reduction of...
- Empathy...the first element of success. Greenberg, Herbert M. // Forum (10566937);Dec97, Issue 187, p22
Examines how the emotions of empathy and sympathy can be expressed within the business industry. What is involved in empathy; Definition of sympathy; How are these emotions expressed towards persons within the business arena; Description of truly empathic persons.
- Emotional Ignorance. Chatterjee, Camille // Psychology Today;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p12
Presents information on emotional intelligence (EI). Cognitive abilities of EI; Relation of EI and intuition.
- Emotional Intelligence at Work. Laabs, Jennifer // Workforce;Jul99, Vol. 78 Issue 7, p68
Focuses on how to train employees on the topic of emotional intelligence (EI). Growth of EI training; Difference of EI training with other training programs; Basic elements of good EI training.
- A Self-Managing Approach to Anger in Others. // Electronic Ardell Wellness Report (E-AWR);2/8/2002, p3
Focuses on a self-managing approach to diffuse and redirect the anger of others. Significance of learning anger management skills; Tips for managing anger in others; Approach required to effectively tackle anger coming from others.
- Face to face WITH FEAR! Mulcahy, Lisa // Girls' Life;Oct/Nov2001, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p62
Presents a self assessment questionnaire that focuses on fears and insecurities in life. Discussion about fear of embarrassment; Definition of fear of rejection; Suggestions in taking control of fears.
- On the Phenomenon of 'Perezhivanie'. Fakhrutdinova, L. R. // Journal of Russian & East European Psychology;Mar/Apr2010, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p31
The author presents a short historical review of the concept of 'perezhivanie' beginning with L.S. Vygotsky. She compares this concept with reflection as two central concepts revealing a person's consciousness. A systemic picture of these two phenomena is elaborated by introducing a hierarchy of...
- Fright delights and tasty terrors. Davidson, Margaret // Parenting;Oct96, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p170
Focuses on the attraction of preteens to ghost stories and other scary stuff. Excitement and stimulation; Sense of belonging; Provision of a healthy way to explore their feelings.