The Power of Personal Recognition
- Recognition Policies Protect from Potential Discrimination. Miclat, Catherine // Workforce;Jan2000, Vol. 79 Issue 1, p72
Focuses on how to design a rewards policy to recognize employee performance. Establishment of criteria for recognition; Knowledge in federal regulations governing employee benefits; Fairness in the distribution of rewards.
- The ties that bind: Benefits are the ribbons on employee packages. Wright, Don A. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;8/27/2001, Issue 322817, p12
Focuses on the benefits given to employees. Consideration of benefits in the overall earnings and production potentials of employees; Classification of benefits; Basis of benefits on the business ability and responsibility of employees. INSETS: How the other half lives;Time/Work/Life program...
- out box opinion. Rox, Paul // Employee Benefits;Sep2002, p66
Discusses the importance of adopting a reward strategy to raise performance of employees. Important contributor in raising corporate performance; Focus of the reward strategy.
- Take Care of People. McKinley, Michael // Executive Excellence;Mar2002, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p13
Discusses the factors that might maximize an employee's personal performance. Competitive pay and flexible benefits; Appreciation by co-workers and supervisors for contribution.
- Preparing for the upturn. Keefe, Jenny // Employee Benefits;Sep2009, p40
The article provides tips in dealing with employees' reward benefits in preparation for economic recovery in Great Britain. It recommends that employers must not think on the need to reinstate benefits in the recovery. It reminds employers in keeping benefit-related promises. Lee French of...
- Dual role makres sese for charity's streategy. Barton, Tynan // Employee Benefits;Aug2010, p18
The article offers information on the career development of Samantha Gee, director of resourcing and reward at Cancer Research UK, in 2010. In 2004, Gee was named head of performance and reward at KPMG UK. Gee and her team worked hard in getting in line to view reward as their responsibility and...
- The Road to Total Compensation Management. Coy, Charles // Workforce Management;10/20/2008, Vol. 87 Issue 17, pS3
The article reports on the importance of Pay-for-Performance (P4P) model in response to the challenges of commission-based pay companies in the U.S. It states that the goal of total compensation management is to directly align employee performance to business objectives while demonstrating real...
- Just rewards. Lynn, Jacquelyn // Entrepreneur;Dec1996, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p38
Focuses on The Game of Work Inc. president Chuck Coonradt's recommendation of tying holiday bonuses to employee performance measures. Value of tying bonuses with performance for the company; Suggestions for implementing such a bonus scheme.
- BT rewards performance. // Employee Benefits;Sep2002, p14
Reports on BT Group PLC's approach to rewarding the highest performers. Introduction of performance-linked share option awards; Link between reward and performance.