- Food. Green, Emily // New Statesman;01/02/98, Vol. 127 Issue 4366, p39
Presents a list of words and jokes in relation to computer spams. Corporate spams; Cyber spams; Showbusiness spams.
- Making sense of computer lingo. // Northern Ontario Business;Sep93, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p23
Lists commonly used computer terms and their definitions. Baud; Boot; Bug; Bit; CD-ROM; Crash; Database; More. INSET: Macintosh program guide..
- The name of the game is jargon. Goldsborough, Reid // RN;Aug99, Vol. 62 Issue 8, p21
Lists and defines ten words identified by computer lexicographer Alan Freedman as necessary in order to be considered computer literate. DVD-RAM; Megapixel; SSL; Portal; XML; DSL; Streaming media; MP3; FireWire; USB; Meatspace; Percussive maintenance; Offline.
- A Texan Translates Computer Terms. // Power Engineering;Feb99, Vol. 103 Issue 2, p64
Presents a list of computer terms translated by a Texan.
- Remember When... // Power Engineering;Feb99, Vol. 103 Issue 2, p64
Presents the poem `Remember When...' which is about computer terms.
- Life is Funny! // Going Bonkers;Winter2009, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p60
Several jokes are presented about novice computer users, new boating enthusiasts and burglars.
- Silicom as a Second Language. Pogue, David // Macworld;Dec1999, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p196
Argues that the computer-industry people who attend computer trade shows do not speak English but instead have developed a language the author calls Silicom. How Silicom requires more words to express a thought than English; How computer-industry people substitute words for English equivalents;...
- Is there such a thing as women's humor? Caliskan, Sevda // American Studies International;Oct95, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p49
Discusses the categorical incompatibility of women and humor. Tendency to regard literary humor as a distinctly male province; Superiority theory outlined by Thomas Hobbes and Henri Bergson; Theory of incongruity advanced by Immanuel Kant and elaborated by Arthur Schopenhauer; Groucho Marx;...
- Things you'd love to hear but won't. // Cosmopolitan;Mar1993, Vol. 214 Issue 3, p130
Presents humorous quotes that you would love to hear from different people but probably won't. From the bank; From a state trooper; From your mother; From a department store; From health-club trainer/expert; From workout partners at the gym; From your hairdresser; From your married lover; From...