Flattery Will Get You Everywhere
- OFFICE HANDBOOK. Underwood, Ryan // Fast Company;Oct2003, Issue 75, p54
The article provides guidelines for employees to improve their relations with their supervisors. Flattery is a sycophant's best friend. A greeting coupled with a thoughtful compliment is a way to draw a supervisor's approving glance. Imitating the appearance or affectations of a supervisor can...
- Unmerited praise still has its merits. Winston, Paul D. // Business Insurance;5/13/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 19, p6
Comments on use of flattery in insurance industry. Suggestions for engaging in conversation using flattery; Strategies used by buyers for getting prices and terms for the program; Advantages of using flattery.
- IDLE THOUGHT. Ketcham, Hank // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);7/10/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 28, p7
The article presents a quotation about flattery.
- Flattery. // Time;6/19/1950, Vol. 55 Issue 25, p78
The article compares how the periodicals "Quick" and "People Today" present their format to get different forms of flattery from readers.
- flattery will get you everywhere. McGowin, Warner // Health (Time Inc. Health);Nov2002, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p91
Reports on the results of a study on flattery. Attitudes of those who received compliments.
- The Curious Case of the Well-Buttered Boss. Yoder, Robert M. // Saturday Evening Post;6/19/1948, Vol. 220 Issue 51, p100
The article presents an anecdote about an employee who flatters his employer.
- Let Us Now Praise Famous Knuckleheads. Aristides // American Scholar;Autumn83, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p439
Discusses the simultaneous spread and inflation of praise. Words of praise that have lost their absorbency due to misuse; Significance of the source of praise; Ways in which praise from one's betters surpasses praise from one's peers; Greatest need for praise among people who do not know their...
- Men & flattery: Do they mean what they say? Freyer, Glen // Glamour;May98, Vol. 96 Issue 5, p257
Presents comments from men, relating to if they have ulterior motives when they flatter women or if their intensions are sincere. Reason Jonathan thinks flattery rarely works with a woman you have just met; What Jesse says to his wife when he wants to have sex and she is tired.
- Untitled. Russell, Deborah // Billboard;7/10/93, Vol. 105 Issue 28, p31
Praises FYI's Paul Flattery for producing the television special `Together For Our Children: M.U.S.I.C.' designed to raise funds to immunize children. Jeff Margolis as director of the special; Performers.