- Jobless Rate Better In Regions, States. Newman, Emify // Bond Buyer;10/25/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31996, p2
Reports on the decline of the unemployment rate in all the four regions of the U.S. Identification of the South as the region with the lowest jobless rate; Percentage of the national unemployment rate in September of 2004; Effect of weather conditions on unemployment rate.
- Chapter 2. Employment. // Montenegro Economic Trends;Dec2002, Issue 12, p18
Provides information on statistical and economic data on the labor force and employment in Montenegro in 2002. Change in unemployment rate; Decrease in the official number of unemployed persons; Share of unrecorded activity in labor force.
- Chapter 2. Employment. // Montenegro Economic Trends;Apr2003, Issue 13, p18
Provides information on statistical and economic data on the labor force and employment in Montenegro in the year ending May 2003. Change in unemployment rate; Decrease in the official number of unemployed persons; Share of unrecorded activity in labor force.
- It Can't be Done. Lorimer, George Horace // Saturday Evening Post;1/25/1936, Vol. 208 Issue 30, p22
Focuses on the difficulties and complexities in relieving unemployment rate in the U.S. Projects proposed by U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt to make employment; Acceptance of the billion-dollar Relief Act for employment projects by the Administration; Actions made by the government in...
- Jobless rate higher. // OECD Observer;Dec2003, Issue 240, p4
Reports on the increase in jobless rate in OECD countries in September 2003. Percentage of the increase in France and in the U.S.
- Jobless Claims Drop 25,000 to 303,000. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;11/18/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32262, p2
Reports that first-time applications for state unemployment has dropped sharply from 25 thousand to 300 thousand in the week ended November 12, 2005 in Washington.
- Current Employment Problems. Kotliar, A. // Problems of Economic Transition;Jun92, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p30
Discusses the employment problems in Russia. Manpower shortage and layoff; Economic nature of unemployment; Nature of labor activity.
- Regional Activity: Fourth District Employment Conditions. Fee, Kyle // Economic Trends (07482922);Nov2008, p24
The article reports on the employment conditions of the U.S. Fourth District states. Its unemployment rate increased 0.2%, reaching 6.9% for the month of August. Rural Appalachian counties continue to experience higher levels of unemployment, and counties along the Ohio-Michigan border have...
- Employment and Unemployment Developments, August 1998. // Employment & Earnings;Sep98, Vol. 45 Issue 9, p1
Focuses on the development on employment and unemployment in the United States as of August 1998. Statistics on unemployed people in the country; Employment population ratio in the country; Details on the increased nonfarm payroll employment and manufacturing employment; Contributing factors to...
- Employment and unemployment developments, August 1999. // Employment & Earnings;Sep99, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p1
Reports on employment and unemployment developments in the United States for August 1999. Number of unemployed persons; Civilian labor force; Number of persons not in the labor force; Industry payroll employment; Average workweek; Hourly and weekly earnings.