- Pressure data transmitted in real time. // Fleet Owner;Oct2011, Vol. 106 Issue 10, p37
The article offers information on the new tire pressure reporting feature, from PeopleNet Communications Corp.
- Avoid Tire Failure. // Hitch Up!;Apr2011, p7
The article discusses USRider's tips to avoid tire failure including knowing the correct tire air pressure, replacing worn or damaged tires, and installing a Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS).
- Save tyres, save fuel and save pounds! // Practical Caravan;Aug2014, p19
The article offers information on the Â£20 discount for the Tyrepal TC215B unit used for towing by the tyre-pressure monitor systems Tyrepal.
- Beware of TPMS for light-duty trucks. Dorn, Robert // Fleet Equipment;Aug2006, Vol. 32 Issue 8, p68
The article advises fleet managers on Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems (TPMS) which have been mandated for installation on light-duty trucks and automobiles. The systems can help correct a low-pressure condition and thereby lower safety and maintenance costs. One weak point of the TPMS is its...
- Keep tabs from the cab. Abelson, Paul // Public Works;Nov2008, Vol. 139 Issue 12, p21
The article discusses the need for vehicle fleet managers to maintain proper tire inflation in order to reduce tire costs and maintenance costs. Fleets can use electronic tire-pressure monitoring systems such as the TireVigil software system from TireStamp Inc. which facilitates the monitoring...
- Are Your Vehicles Ready for Winter? Allen, Hollis // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;Dec2004, Vol. 84 Issue 12, p114
Gives pieces of advice on preparing corporate motor vehicle fleets for the Winter season. Importance of checking each vehicle's battery and electrical system to avoid getting stranded during snow storms; Tips on choosing grade or octane of fuel for the vehicle fleet; Advice on using air...
- Tire Safety. // Fleet Equipment;Jun2004, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p6
Presents tips on how truck drivers can maintain tire safety in the United States. Use of pressure gage to monitor correct air pressure; Visual inspection of tires prior to operation; Proper storage of tires.
- PressureGuardâ„¢ Adds Tire-SafeGuardâ„¢ Tire Pressure Monitoring System. // Fleet Equipment;Jun2004, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p32
Reports that Reineke Co. is the exclusive distributor to the heavy duty truck market for Tire-SafeGuard tire pressure monitoring system in the United States. Capability of the system to automatically monitor tractor vehicle tires; Timely warning provided by the device for abnormal tire pressure...
- Bundle Up, Check Tire Pressures. Murphy, Tom // Ward's Auto World;Mar2009, Vol. 45 Issue 3, p33
The article focuses on the need for motorists to check tire pressures. It is stated that tires lose 1 pound per square inch (psi) under normal conditions, that a 10 degrees Fahrenheit drop in temperature causes a loss of 1 psi and that a heavily loaded vehicle can require an additional 8 psi of...