Paving the way
- ROADS TO RICHES. Walburn, Lee // Atlanta;Sep2002, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p16
Focuses on the implementation of Rural Roads Program for economic development by the Georgia Department of Transportation. Importance of the program to the administration of Governor Marvin Griffin; Concept of developmental highways for the implementation of the program; Political aspects of...
- BONDS FUEL TRANSPORT PROGRAM. Powers, Mary B. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;7/16/2001, Vol. 247 Issue 3, p16
Reports on the construction projects under Georgia's Road Improvement Plan. Total cost of the transportation program; Georgia Department of Transportation's recruitment of firms to complete environmental studies; Georgia Assembly's approval of the use of Grant Anticipation Revenue Vehicles bonds.
- GEORGIA: GDOT Issues Roadwork RFP. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/14/2012, Vol. 380 Issue 33731, p7
The article reports that Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT) has released a request for qualifications for firms interested in designing, building, and partially financing a one billion dollars Northwest Corridor project in Cobb, alongwith Interstate 75 in Cherokee county.
- Good genes. ROBERTS, JACK // Commercial Carrier Journal;Dec2013, Vol. 170 Issue 12, p28
The article offers information on the 2014 Kenworth T880 dump truck from Kenworth Truck Co.
- KW longer day cab. // Fleet Owner;Mar2003, Vol. 98 Issue 3, p34
Features the T800 extended day cab dump truck from Kenworth. Design and specifications; Seat capacity of the truck; Description of the storage space.
- For future reference, use PRS. Kopac, Peter // Roads & Bridges;Nov2000, Vol. 38 Issue 11, p14
Discusses the use of performance-related specifications (PRS) by highway agencies and contractors in order to better predict the future maintenance, rehabilitation and other life-cycle costs of portland cement concrete pavements (PCC). Capabilities of PRS beyond the traditional quality...
- Good genes. ROBERTS, JACK // Overdrive;Dec2013, Vol. 53 Issue 12, p26
The article offers brief information on the T880 dump truck from Kenworth Co.
- Truck preview. Zeyher, Allen // Roads & Bridges;Apr2003, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p79
This article focuses on a pre-production model of T800 extended day-cab dump truck by Kenworth Truck Co., Kirkland, Wash., which provides drivers with more room and storage space. The truck has an extra 6 in. in cab length and a roof raised 5 in. over Kenworth's traditional day cab. It also...
- TRUCK SPECS. // Pit & Quarry;Feb2010, Vol. 102 Issue 8, p48
The article offers information on the specification of on/off road dump trucks in the U.S. Brian Lindgren, vocational market sales director for Kenworth Truck Co., describes the features of the Bridge Formula truck. For hauling bulk loads, trucks with different chassis is suggested. The features...