Trailer production up again in 2005
- Trailers Get Lighter, More Aerodynamic. Schiavo, Brian // Food Logistics;Jun2008, Issue 105, p27
The article deals with the construction of lighter and more aerodynamic trailers. Utility Trailer and other trailer manufacturers are finding new ways to make trailers lighter and more aerodynamic to help their customers decrease the amount of fuel their tractors have to expend. Manufacturers...
- Family matters. // Trailer / Body Builders;Jun2004, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p59
Presents photographs of family owners of several trailer manufacturing companies. Utility Trailer Manufacturing owned by the Bennett family; Stoughton Trailers owned by the Wahlin family; Trail King Industries owned by the Thomsen family.
- Flatbeds. McGuffie-Schyhol, Deborah // Fleet Owner;Oct2008, Vol. 103 Issue 10, p48
The article offers updates on trailer manufacturers in the U.S. Utility Trailer Manufacturing Co. has unveiled the updated version of its 2000A lightweight flatbed trailer, the 4000A. Transcraft Corp. revealed its plan to acquire selected assets of Benson International Inc. and introduced new...
- Utility Trailer expands Arkansas dry van plant. // Trailer / Body Builders;Sep2004, Vol. 45 Issue 11, p6
Reports on the expansion of the dry van plant of Utility Trailer Manufacturing Co. in Paragould, Arkansas as of September 2004. Reason for the expansion; Significance of the expansion to the local economy; Number of local residents employed by Utility Trailer.
- IN BRIEF. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Apr2014, Vol. 171 Issue 4, p24
The article offers U.S. news briefs as of April 2014 related to trucking industries. New Diamond Logic feature added by Navistar International Corp., commercial trucks manufacturer, for the vocational truck market. Factory-installed Bendix ADB22X front and rear air disc brakes introduced by...
- Trailer dealers and their OEMs. // Trailer / Body Builders;Nov2005, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p75
This article offers suggestions from Frank Guerin, former manager of Utility Trailer Manufacturing Co., on how to establish a good manufacturer-dealer relationship. He explained how Utility kept their goals aligned and their dealers informed and updated on issues concerning the business. Some...
- 90 big ones. // Fleet Owner;Apr2004, Vol. 99 Issue 4, p91
Reports on United States-based Utility Trailer Manufacturing Co.'s celebration of its 90th anniversary.
- Trailer manufacturers up again in 2011. Schenck, Paul // Trailer / Body Builders;Feb2012, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p18
The article discusses the performance of the 25 largest truck trailer manufacturers for the calendar 2011 which registered an increase of 78%. It cites the van trailer producers as the most productive manufacturers having manufactured more than 3/4 of the total output by the companies that...
- Stability Rules the Trailer Industry. SCHENCK, PAUL // Trailer / Body Builders;Feb2014, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p22
The article reports the 2013 performance of individual trailer manufacturers after the survey by Trailer/Body Builders magazine. It mentions the period of stability, the forecast for 2014, and the benefits of a flat growth. Details on net sales, shipment figures, and the expectations of...